Oct 28, 2006

Is this the resort that's on the pacific side? Is it worth owning?

Greg S.
Oct 29, 2006

gregs119 wrote:

Only if you want the nicest resort in Cabo in my opinion.

Harold N.
Jan 24, 2007

..it's not a party resort nor is it in the "party zone" of Cabo, that's a 10 minute cab ride away. If you want relative quiet and laid-backness(is that a word?), then this is most definitely your place. we love it so much we bought a timeshare.

Christ A.
Feb 08, 2007

ditto to christa76 reply. we love it so much we bought two weeks!

Melinda W.
Feb 08, 2007

gregs119 wrote:
Absolutely. I bought pre-construction, I own a one bedroom executive. I love the place. I'm going down again March 9! so it's my fourth or fifth year staying there; I've been at the Rose as well.

Linda R.
Feb 09, 2007

lindar233 wrote:
gregs119 wrote:
Absolutely. I bought pre-construction, I own a one bedroom executive. I love the place. I'm going down again March 9! so it's my fourth or fifth year staying there; I've been at the Rose as well.

...and you haven't tired of it? Seriously, I'm wondering if the novelty will wear off after 4 or 5 years.

Christ A.
Feb 11, 2007

I have going since it opened in 2002 and am going back for another two weeks in November. Tired no hardly wait to go back defintely

Harold N.
Feb 13, 2007

nazclk wrote:
I have going since it opened in 2002 and am going back for another two weeks in November. Tired no hardly wait to go back defintely

That's what I figured....but I had to ask (heehee)!

Christ A.
Feb 18, 2007

christa76 wrote:
nazclk wrote:

That's what I figured....but I had to ask (heehee)!

We had been to Cabo once (the Westin) before buying at Sunset Beach. We have been to Sunset Beach twice. I joined RCI and traded my Jr Suite for a 2 bedroom in the Riviera Maya this year--not because I am tired of Sunset, but just for a new experience. Ideally I'd like to go to Sunset Beach every year AND trade it too!

Nancy R.
May 04, 2007

It is definitely a lovely resort. We have stayed here and enjoyed it more and more as the resort has added amenities. For folks who want to swim off the Beach, there are plenty of beaches minutes away. We prefer to snorkel and for that reason would be going to snorkel spots anyway. I like that one can walk this beach and not be constantly harassed by vendors which is a problem in town proper or even on the walk around the harbor area .

M. w. S.
Jul 24, 2007

It is the best resort in Cabo.....use it for 10 years and get rid of it when you tire. For now though, it is the best resort in CABO....there are a couple of other new ones popping up but I suspect they will all have growing pains greater than the Pueblo brand who seems to have Cabo figured out.

Chris S.
Jul 25, 2007

gregs119 wrote:
This resort is gorgeous! Top notch service. Beautiful scenery. 7 pools. Only downfall is that you can't get into the ocean. I look forward to going back. So much to see and do there.

Singy G.
Aug 11, 2007

Is a Jr. Suite the same thing as a "studio" unit? Where are these units located within the resort? Do they have good views? The only downside I can see to the studio is the lack of a larger kitchen and no bathtub. Any other opinions on the studio units?

Pam A.
Aug 11, 2007

pam4 wrote:
Is a Jr. Suite the same thing as a "studio" unit? Where are these units located within the resort? Do they have good views? The only downside I can see to the studio is the lack of a larger kitchen and no bathtub. Any other opinions on the studio units?

The Jr. Suites are studios. They have either a king or two double beds. All rooms at PBSB have an ocean view and these units are spread among all the buildings. The reason they can do that is that the resort goes up the side of a small mountain/cliff. There is no bathtub, but the shower is large with really wonderful tile. The kitchen is small, but more than adequate for two or four. We love our Jr Suite. The only downside is not having the extra bedroom for privacy if we wanted to travel with another couple.

Nancy R.
Aug 12, 2007

nancyr79 wrote:
pam4 wrote:

The Jr. Suites are studios. They have either a king or two double beds. All rooms at PBSB have an ocean view and these units are spread among all the buildings. The reason they can do that is that the resort goes up the side of a small mountain/cliff. There is no bathtub, but the shower is large with really wonderful tile. The kitchen is small, but more than adequate for two or four. We love our Jr Suite. The only downside is not having the extra bedroom for privacy if we wanted to travel with another couple.

Thanks for the info. It would just be two of us so privacy isn't a problem. I would hope that we could get a king bed rather than doubles however. Is there any particular building or area that is the best area to request?

Pam A.
Aug 12, 2007

The location is spectacular and actually convenient since there is an hourly free shuttle bus to the Pueblo Bonito Rose and the PB Blanco which are right on Medano Beach...and so one is walking distance to a lot from there.

The quality of this resort really shows. Consider what it cost to build! It was built to dazzle and to last. The pools are great and there is marble everywhere!

M. w. S.
Oct 14, 2007

nazclk wrote:
gregs119 wrote:

Only if you want the nicest resort in Cabo in my opinion.

This is one of, if not THE nicest resort in Cabo, I have been to or stayed at most of them, it is AWESOME! Everyone that I have ever taken with me to Cabo agrees Sunset is the place to be!

Karen J.

Last edited by karen3748 on Oct 14, 2007 11:39 AM

Oct 14, 2007

I believe you can request the King bed when you reserve. We prefer the King, but have also accepted the two beds.

pam4 wrote:
nancyr79 wrote:
pam4 wrote:

Thanks for the info. It would just be two of us so privacy isn't a problem. I would hope that we could get a king bed rather than doubles however. Is there any particular building or area that is the best area to request?

Nancy R.
Oct 21, 2007

nancyr79 wrote:
I believe you can request the King bed when you reserve. We prefer the King, but have also accepted the two beds.

pam4 wrote:
nancyr79 wrote:
pam4 wrote:

I personally like buildings 13 & 14 for their location.

Harold N.
Oct 24, 2007

I personally like buildings 13 & 14 because of their location. But actually it doesn't make to much difference because we go to the pool where our favorite waiters are working.

nancyr79 wrote:

pam4 wrote:
nancyr79 wrote:
pam4 wrote:

Harold N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.