Timeshare Exchanges

Vacation Property Resales

Nov 29, 2006

Does anyone know anything about a company called Vacation Property Resales? They are offering to sell my timeshare for a fee of $687.

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you!

leamonx@yahoo.com Milford White

Milford W.
Nov 29, 2006

(NOTE: THIS TOPIC SHOULD BE UNDER THE BUYING, SELLING AND RENTING FORUM)

The number one rule of thumb in timesharing is to NEVER EVER use a reseller that charges an upfront fee in the hundreds of dollars. 9 times out of 10 you'll never see any results for your $687 and that money is lost forever.

If a reseller REALLY wants your business, he will sell your week first then collect the fees from you after the sale. Even then, make sure you're aware of all the fees involved (read fine print carefully) beforehand.

Don't believe any of the hogwash that an upfront fee reseller might tell you in order to get your money. They'll tell you things like "we have people waiting in line to buy your timeshare week" or "we can get developer price for your timeshare". They'll tell you ANYTHING to get your money. Don't fall for it.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Apr 10, 2009 08:37 AM

Nov 29, 2006

Sell Timeshare - Reseller First and foremost, you should avoid resellers that charge an upfront selling fee. Many timeshare sellers, desperate to get rid of their timeshare unit, end up paying a listing company an upfront fee of anywhere between $300 to $900 to list their timeshares. The listing company representative is often able to talk the seller into the listing price by convincing the timeshare owner that the timeshare can sell for a price many times more than its true worth.

Once the seller pays the listing fees, the timeshare will rarely sell because the price is far to high for the market and the selling agent has no incentive to try to sell the unit since he has already been paid. In fact, the agent has an incentive for the timeshare not to sell. When the one-year listing contract comes to an end, the agent will contact the seller in an attempt to get him to re-list the timeshare unit for another $300 to $900 meaning if the timeshare fails to sell, he has an opportunity to earn more money.

To make matters worse, the seller has been incurring maintenance fees, special assessment fees and taxes on the property the entire time the timeshare has not sold. In worse case scenarios, a seller can spend more money trying to sell the timeshare unit than the price the timeshare eventually sells for.

If you decide to go with a reseller, make sure to choose one that earns his money through commission after the sale of the timeshare. In addition, you will want to take the following steps to ensure you have a legitimate agent representing you rather than a con-artist trying to take you for more money.

1) Always thoroughly check out the reseller by contacting the the Better Business Bureau, state Attorney General, and local consumer protection agencies in the state where the reseller is located. If there are any complaints against the seller, walk away.

2) Never make any commitment over the phone or online until you've had a chance to check out the reseller.

3) Ask the reseller for all information in writing.

4) Ask for proof that the reseller is licensed to sell real estate where your timeshare is located. Always verify the information you receive with the Real Estate Commission in that state.

5) Ask for references from satisfied clients of the reseller and contact those references for any problems that may have occurred.

6) Get in writing exactly how the reseller will advertise and promote the timeshare unit and what services he will perform. Have the reseller list in writing exactly what type and how often you will receive update reports on your timeshare's sale progress. Also get in writing whether you can rent or sell the timeshare on your own at the same time the reseller is trying to sell your unit, the length or term of the contract to sell your timeshare and who is responsible for documenting and closing the sale.

7) Ask the reseller about all fees involved and the timing these fees cover. Get all refund policies and promises in writing.

8) Never sign a contract that has wording that you are not 100% satisfied with. Request changes to any part you disagree with and walk away if the reseller won't make the changes.

Choosing the correct reseller will likely determine whether you sell your timeshare at a fair price without excessive fees, or find that you are out a lot more money with the timeshare still in your name.

R P.
Nov 29, 2006

Never, never, don't, don't ever pay an upfront fee. They won't sell it and you are out of luck. Their fine print doesn't legally promise to sell, they only promise to advertise.

Your timeshare is only worth 30% of what you paid for it. If you want to sell advertise on Redweek at that rate

Robert M.

Last edited by robertorvaleriem on Nov 29, 2006 10:33 PM

Dec 10, 2006

milfordw wrote:
Does anyone know anything about a company called Vacation Property Resales? They are offering to sell my timeshare for a fee of $687.

Thank you!

Very good question. I also was approached earlier in the week after submitting to a questionair to sell my week in Cozumel. I was told of a very high price I could get for it and had to pay in advance. Thanks for your responses.

Jeff S.
Dec 10, 2006

Do not pay any reseller an upfront fee. If the reseller wants to sell your timeshare then tell them you'll pay their fee after the sale. When they take your upfront fee, 9 times out of 10 you won't ever see that money again and they won't sell your timeshare. Upfront fee resellers will tell you anything to get your money. This is one of the biggest scams going in the world of timesharing.

If you price your timeshare week right (lower than others listed on this site at your resort) you can sell it right here on Redweek yourself. Keep lowering the price until you start getting responses, but be aware that you will probably take a loss, especially if the week was bought from the developer.

milfordw wrote:

Thank you!

Very good question. I also was approached earlier in the week after submitting to a questionair to sell my week in Cozumel. I was told of a very high price I could get for it and had to pay in advance. Thanks for your responses.

R P.
Feb 27, 2007

Don't just walk away --- RUN!!! These parasites (and numerous others like them) make their money by taking yours. It's really that simple. Once they have your money, for doing little more than posting a spartan ad on their own in-house web site, you will likely never hear from them again. They couldn't care less whether you EVER sell your timeshare, since they wouldn't derive any additional benefit from the sale anyhow, regardless of the selling price. Their profit is made solely from your upfront fee. DON'T DO IT!

If there is ANYONE out there with a success story contradicting my position above, I challenge them to step forward, provide actual facts on their "success"and prove me wrong. Please, I'd LOVE to be wrong!!

KC
Apr 01, 2007

milfordw wrote:

Thank you!

Have you tried selling it on Red Week? I sold mine on this site.

Gordon R.
Apr 02, 2007

Redweek, and other internet listing sites, gets much more exposure to the public than the upfront fee resale companies that charge you in the hundreds to list your timeshare in a database that very few (if any) people will ever see.

As someone said above, these companies are parasites that prey on the vulnerability and frustration of timeshare owners desperately wanting to sell their timeshare.

In other words, upfront fee timeshare resale companies are just another, of several, timeshare scams.

R P.
Apr 12, 2007

Can anyone give out some names of reputable resellers who actuall SELL the property FIRST, then take their fees? I have read in the other postings that supposedly there are some, but none were listed.

I have a primier property at Banff Rocky Mountain Resort outside of Calgary, Alberta Canada for week 26--which includes both the July 1st Canada Day, and July 4th holidays. It is a Gold Crown 2 bed/2 bath and a good number of the units have just been fully refurbished with the latest imenities!

My single days of fishing over July 4th are gone, so I need to sell, rent or swap it for something closer in AZ; or near my family in Minnesota.

Jay in Tucson, AZ

Jay A.
Sep 15, 2008

I recently replied to an ad for selling timeshares and recieved a response from 3 companies. One is Vacation Property Resales. Have you used this company? Is there ANY company that is reliable for selling a timeshare in Canary Islands? I've had mine listed with a company in the UK for THREE years, with no activity, and of course, I made the mistake of paying the fee up front. Thanks. Nancy

Nancy Oliver W.
Jan 07, 2009

I have recently negotiated with VPResales to sell a time share for me. I am hoping that they are honest. They do state that the property will be listed on three different web sites and will relain there until sold.. I have never heard of anyone selling a timeshare for any monetary gain only losses. I really referr to my self as ignorant for buying a TS, if one is youthful and would have it paid for in 10 years and still have enough life and time from work to use it it may be a good investment. It is however a good tax deduction.. R.W.Downs Kentucky

Richard W.
Jan 07, 2009

richardw86 wrote:
I have recently negotiated with VPResales to sell a time share for me. I am hoping that they are honest. They do state that the property will be listed on three different web sites and will relain there until sold.. I have never heard of anyone selling a timeshare for any monetary gain only losses. I really referr to my self as ignorant for buying a TS, if one is youthful and would have it paid for in 10 years and still have enough life and time from work to use it it may be a good investment. It is however a good tax deduction.. R.W.Downs Kentucky
I wish you luck, many timeshare resale companies take hundreds of $$$, then put a one line listing on one or more websites. You can list your unit for sale on several website for around $50 to $100.

As far as a tax deduction, I don't think selling a TS at a loss qualifies for a deduction. It's personal property, not a primary residence, much like your car.

This question gets brought up a lot...to one of the attorneys or out there, please clarify

Mike N.
Jan 07, 2009

I have notice five or more new post on here and Tug about these new companies and their upfront fee's.

We see this beginning of every year! I would think many of these companies that have been called out by timeshare forums and people that have lost their upfront money change their names to start fresh.

Lets face it that there are so many people that have fallen for these scams and will turn around and give more money to another company with same plan of taking what money they can get upfront.These companies live off these type of owners.

You would think in place of starting a new post asking what we think many of these people would read the many post about these scam artist and learn.

This is not a subject hard to locate on any forum and people need to check out these post and try and learn.

It seems that many people about to part with their money get lazy and in place of reading want to ask and get a quick answer.

Spend some time on these forums and you will learn to say no and run from these upfront companies.You will probably find other postings about the company your checking on plus many other names to stay away from also.

As old time timeshare owners we try and warn owners but you can only give good advice and hope they listen.

Main rule on timeshare resales is "DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEE TO ANY COMPANY TO SELL OR RENT YOUR TIMESHARE"

Darlene

Darlene P.
Apr 09, 2009

trust me, you dont what to do business with this company. Vacation property resales, inc also knows as buyatimeshare.com, is a scam. i paid them 599.00 for nothing they tell you that it will sell very fast, but trust me is not true, buyatimeshare or vacation property resales is a big ripp off. I tried to get my money back when i noticed that this company was a ripp off. i contact a man name Jason Hamilton, a believe is the owner. I agreed that i got a litle frustrated and very upset, because of the lack of support from this company, but still, a good company respect their customer. I email this man and this were some of his response: "I suspect that you might be drunk right now because there is absolutely no rationalizing with you. Instead you prefer to throw out insults and accusations and act as if you are a victim. We can sell your timeshare, despite whatever you think. But we cannot create demand for it and we certainly cannot sell it for more than its worth. Like I said, feel free to contact me when you are sober if you truly want to sell this timeshare". I copy tasted this words, is this how you treat a customer that paid you 599.00 for a service.

Juan G.
Apr 21, 2009

I agree.. Do not pay any company up front. Even if the company is legit, you are basically paying them to advertise your timeshare on their website, which is probably visited by other people that are trying to sell their own timeshares.

Homepage http://www.timeshares4dummies.com

G J.
Jan 19, 2010

i am working with premiere timeshare solutions has anyone used their services.i gave $2400.upfront[refundable] in anticipation of a $15,000 sale of my timeshare.does anyone have info on premiere.or advice on my situation. thanks

John P.
Jan 19, 2010

johnp955 wrote:
i am working with premiere timeshare solutions has anyone used their services.i gave $2400.upfront[refundable] in anticipation of a $15,000 sale of my timeshare.does anyone have info on premiere.or advice on my situation.thanks

You can kiss that $2400 goodbye ... that's all they wanted in the first place .... no one in their right mind would pay $15,000 for a timeshare when they're practically giving timeshares away on Ebay ... you should have done your research before handing over your credit card number ... too late now ... an expensive lesson learned.

R P.
Jan 19, 2010

johnp955 wrote:
does anyone have info on premiere.or advice on my situation.

Depending on the method of payment utilized and when the payment was actually made (neither of those details are provided within your post), you MAY be able to dispute the credit card charge (if, in fact, that WAS actually your method of payment). No credit card issuer I'm aware of allows charge disputes after 60 days (and most I'm aware of actually have 30 day limits). Even then, odds are not necessarily in your favor. If you voluntarily CHOSE to allow these parasites to charge your credit card by freely and voluntarily providing them with your credit card number, what exactly would be the basis for disputing the charge AFTER that? I wish you luck, but you'll surely need LOTS of it...

If you paid by check, or if you paid by credit card longer than 60 days ago, then you have simply made a voluntary (but not tax -deductible) donation and you can color that money GONE. If so, it's certainly a painful and expensive lesson. Don't plan on any "refunds"; parasites like these exist to TAKE your money. Once having succeeded in doing so, they certainly have no plans or intentions of ever "refunding" a dime...

I have to admit that I'm always puzzled and perplexed by people asking questions and doing research AFTER throwing hard earned money away. Why not BEFORE, I can't help wondering?

P.S. This entire thread really has nothing whatsoever to do with "exchanges", so I'm not at all clear why it was initiated in the "Exchanges" forum in the first place. There would likely be more exposure (and responses) if posted in a more appropriate forum (either "Buying, Selling & Renting" or "Timeshare Companies").

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 19, 2010 03:46 PM

Jan 20, 2010

I used Vacation Property Resales (Buyatimeshare.com) to rent my Mexico timeshare four times over the past two years, although I didn’t get my full asking price the process was relatively smooth. They are by-owner, so I’m the one that accepted the rental offers. I haven't worked with their resale department, but in terms of rentals I found them to be efficient and fair-- definitely worth looking into if you are unable to use your timeshare. The service I got was great for the price--I've researched Redweek as well, which is an upfront fee based site, without the exposure. My friends tried a ton of resale companies including redweek.com and nothing ever transpired, that’s why I decided on Buyatimeshare.com. I'd rather pay a little more to actually have a secure transaction, the program I signed up with is their lifetime membership, which allows me to receive as many rental offers as they can throw my way. I have the option of accelerated use, so it’s been working very well! Wish you luck!

I R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.