Timeshare Companies

Sanibel Island FL owners

Dec 13, 2006

I own two weeks at Lighthouse. I would like to see a forum where fellow owners on Sanibel could share information and possibly exchange weeks withOUT realtors taking a huge chunk! Anyone out there from Sanibel?

Mary D.
Jan 21, 2007

I have 2 weeks (49 &50) across the street from you at Sanibel Beach Club II. I agree, it would be nice to have place show your desire to exchange weeks among other Sanibel owners with out the fees. There are times we would like to come down for a different week without risking a deposit with RCI.

Lee S.
Jan 22, 2007

I think Kenoyer is your management co too, right? The money they get from all of us is ridiculous!They get money from RCI too when RCI is used! I just found another owner in our newsletter that I emailed for him to use the forum or list on Redweek. I've had horrible experiences with Kenoyer and would like to build up this forum with owners like us so we can communicate. We can also do exchanges on Redweek now! Since you and I are basically at the same location, facilitating rentals or exchanges would be good for all of us! If you know any other owners from SBCII, perhaps you can get them to start using Redweek forums too.

Feel free to let me know if there are ever weeks you want as I can check our newletter and vice versa for any weeks not listed on Redweek. Good to hear from you!

Mary D.
Feb 09, 2007

Hi There,

We too are crazy and thoroughly content and happy Sanibel Island owners as well. Just thinking about "The Bean" makes me want to be there right now!

We own 2 units, both 2 BR, Weeks 51 & 52 at Casa Ybel.

Thanks for starting this, and we're glad there is a Sanibel forum. We have many timeshares all over Mexico that we rent out, but we go to Sanibel every year...it's our family's favorite place to go!

Beth

Beth F.

Last edited by marty8084 on Feb 09, 2007 01:37 PM

Mar 06, 2007

ira10 wrote:
Hi There,

We too are crazy and thoroughly content and happy Sanibel Island owners as well. Just thinking about "The Bean" makes me want to be there right now!

We own 2 units, both 2 BR, Weeks 51 & 52 at Casa Ybel.

Thanks for starting this, and we're glad there is a Sanibel forum. We have many timeshares all over Mexico that we rent out, but we go to Sanibel every year...it's our family's favorite place to go!

Beth

Of course you like Sanibel.... I did a week trade for Disneyworld several years back(with kids) and just had to go to Sanibel while in FL, so I bought a week in Sanibel, since of course, I could not trade for it. I a have Cabo 1 week floating...and would of course love to go back to Sanibel again, It was the best, even in July!...any tips on how to get there again without just paying for a condo? Thanks,sue

Sue H.
Mar 07, 2007

Do mean something like an exchange? I am putting my Lighthouse weeks up for rent or exchange in 2008. I prefer to rent, but would consider an exchange, depending on the location.

The realtors really have a hold on the market in Sanibel so the best way to find something is on a site like Redweek or Craigslist. I prefer Redweek as it is more user friendly and organized, but there is a lot of action on Craigslist. The Sanibel realtors get 25-35% so it really jacks up the prices. Working with the owners is the only way to get a reasonable price. otherwise you are just lining the pockets of the realtors.

Check out Lighthouse Resort if you are interested. My weeks are 9&10. In 2008 that's March1-15. I have renters in my unit right now, but ironically, I got them from my Craiglist posting. Mary

Mary D.
Mar 07, 2007

Hi Mary,

It sounds like Craigslist has worked for you. We have advertised a number of places on it for rent and have not had any luck. That's why we are still here on Redweek, they are definitely the best and the most user frinedly.

Can I ask you what price you rented your Lighthouse unit on on Craigslist for?

We actually just purchased an second unit at Casa Ybel for weeks 51 & 52. One came up on the market that we wanted, so we just HAD to buy it. We will rent it out every year until out kids have kids of their own and want it for themselves. Isn't that how Sanibel is?

Beth

Beth F.
Mar 08, 2007

I couldn't agree more! I bought my two weeks from my parents and we've already told our two boys that they will each get a week someday! Regarding the rental amount, initially I had a renter from Redweek who was going to pay $3600 for the two weeks. Then she cancelled on me after Christmas and I didn't get it listed again until Jan 1 or so. I had tons of inquiries but nothing came through. One of the problems is that people inquire multiple listings, so you end up answering a lot of inquiries that never pan out. It was a lot of work! You also have to be ready to respond IMMEDIATELY or you will lose them. Bottom line, I rented week 10 for 1250 and week 9 was a partial week so I only charged 1050. I just got them rented this week!! . Nothing came through until the last minute. But I did get a little flurry of last minute people. Although I didn't get the price I wanted (started at 1750 per week) I think if you list early and really lock it up with a contract and deposits, you could get 1800+, especially at Casa. I would get it listed NOW. I just listed my weeks for 2008! Mary

Mary D.
Mar 10, 2007

ira10 wrote:
Hi Mary,

It sounds like Craigslist has worked for you. We have advertised a number of places on it for rent and have not had any luck. That's why we are still here on Redweek, they are definitely the best and the most user frinedly.

We actually just purchased an second unit at Casa Ybel for weeks 51 & 52. One came up on the market that we wanted, so we just HAD to buy it. We will rent it out every year until out kids have kids of their own and want it for themselves. Isn't that how Sanibel is?

Beth

There is a redwish out there and i think it would work for you. Here is the number: RedWish W18934 . Check it out; this could be your renter! If not, I might consider the week between Christmas and New Years which must be #52? Let me know what you are asking but you can ask the other person for a lot more!!! Mary

Mary D.
Mar 11, 2007

Hi Mary,

You are such a doll to mention the Redwish to me. I already emailed them twice but never got a response from them. Weird that they are looking and then don't answer. I have mine posted on Redweek for $2700 for the week. That's what we usually get for Casa Ybel. I actually already rented out Week 51, but still have 52 available.

Let me know if you are interested. I know that Casa Ybel gets these prices, because through the resort they charge $600 per night or $4200 for the week. People who know this are easily willing to spend what the owners charge. Everybody wins.

Talk to you soon and again, thanks so much for all your input. These forums can really be fun!

Beth

maryd108 wrote:
ira10 wrote:
Hi Mary,

Beth

There is a redwish out there and i think it would work for you. Here is the number: RedWish W18934 . Check it out; this could be your renter! If not, I might consider the week between Christmas and New Years which must be #52? Let me know what you are asking but you can ask the other person for a lot more!!! Mary

Beth F.
Mar 12, 2007

ira10 wrote:
Hi Mary,

You are such a doll to mention the Redwish to me. I already emailed them twice but never got a response from them. Weird that they are looking and then don't answer. I have mine posted on Redweek for $2700 for the week. That's what we usually get for Casa Ybel. I actually already rented out Week 51, but still have 52 available.

Let me know if you are interested. I know that Casa Ybel gets these prices, because through the resort they charge $600 per night or $4200 for the week. People who know this are easily willing to spend what the owners charge. Everybody wins.

Talk to you soon and again, thanks so much for all your input. These forums can really be fun!

Beth

maryd108 wrote:
ira10 wrote:
Hi Mary,

Beth

Hi Beth,

Just curious if you happened to include your phone number in your email for that RedWish? It looks like both you and Lisa Franz have email addresses that filter a lot of email so you might try emailing her again including your phone number. If you don't hear back from Lisa within a week please let us know and we can give her a call for you letting her know you are trying to reach her..

Thanks, Marty

Marty F

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.