Jan 18, 2007

My wife and i just purchased a timeshare through a reseller posting on this site. All the monies have been paid and contracts between buyer and seller have been signed but my attorney is having a little problem getting any kind of response from the resort. Is this usual? What should I do if we don't hear from them?

Christ A.
Jan 18, 2007

Try this phone number: (619) 955-7763 It is a US number, but it rings at the resort.

Herbert H.
Jan 23, 2007

herberth8 wrote:
Try this phone number: (619) 955-7763 It is a US number, but it rings at the resort.

Thank you...gave it to my attorney and he got through to someone who actually knew what she was doing. She is e-mailing the papers over.

Christ A.
Feb 21, 2007

Well, the contract has been signed with the previous owner and the monies have been exchanged. We sent our paperwork for the transfer of title to the Pueblo Bonito office address we were given (it's in Mexico). How long should I expect to wait for our title? I am anxious to put in a reservation for our time this November. Should I give them a month, two weeks? I'm getting antsy!! Any suggestions?

Christ A.
Feb 26, 2007

ok...after calling down to Pueblo Bonito, I discovered that the paperwork sent to them wasn't EXACTLY what they wanted, so they've sent it back to us. However, they sent it via Mexican mail which may take 6-8 weeks. The original title was in this paperwork so I pray that evertything is intact. We had included a cover letter stating how to get in touch with us should there be any problems. Evidently, whoever processed the paperwork didn't even take the time to read it(or couldn't). BUYER BEWARE!! When dealing with the resort, be sure to cross all t's and dot the i's. It seems like they are looking for an excuse to mess things up.

Christ A.
Mar 02, 2007

I have dealt with Ana Ortiz at the resort and she is very effecient and a very nice person as I met her the last time I was in Cabo. What you have to understand is they have rules they must go by, and when they have to send something back it comes by donkey express. Just be patient and remember you are on Mexico time.

christa76 wrote:
ok...after calling down to Pueblo Bonito, I discovered that the paperwork sent to them wasn't EXACTLY what they wanted, so they've sent it back to us. However, they sent it via Mexican mail which may take 6-8 weeks. The original title was in this paperwork so I pray that evertything is intact. We had included a cover letter stating how to get in touch with us should there be any problems. Evidently, whoever processed the paperwork didn't even take the time to read it(or couldn't). BUYER BEWARE!! When dealing with the resort, be sure to cross all t's and dot the i's. It seems like they are looking for an excuse to mess things up.

Harold N.
Mar 02, 2007

nazclk wrote:
I have dealt with Ana Ortiz at the resort and she is very effecient and a very nice person as I met her the last time I was in Cabo. What you have to understand is they have rules they must go by, and when they have to send something back it comes by donkey express. Just be patient and remember you are on Mexico time.

christa76 wrote:

I can appreciate that and thank you for the reply. What I don't appreciate is being hung up on when I'm asking questions about their procedures. I understand they have rules but their critical thinking skills need work as the documents I sent them fulfilled all their requirements and then some. But you're right....when in Rome...or should that be Mexico?

Christ A.
Jul 24, 2007

You should be able to make your reservation. Just call as the former owner and make the reservation and give them your email. Since you have the contract number and name, I doubt they will even hesitate in making the reservation. The reservations transfer with the contract so you are OK even if things don't transfer in time.

Chris S.
Aug 12, 2007

I agree with nazcik. Patience and persistence and politeness are called for in dealing with the resort people. Sometimes things do not translate properly either in language or in customary processing procedures. The resort people like Ana Ortiz are trying to get things done correctly. Trust that they may have a lot to do and are sometimes having to get others to move along in their jobs too! Sometimes there is a problem in delay or confusion but I have always found them willing to problem-solve and very nice..

M. w. S.
Oct 11, 2007

When buying you should use HOLIDAYGROUP.COM (Claudia Myatt). I have purchased several timeshares through her and this company. I never encountered delays or problems. The prices are unbelieable low!!!!

Kim B.
Oct 24, 2007

kimb306 wrote:
When buying you should use HOLIDAYGROUP.COM (Claudia Myatt). I have purchased several timeshares through her and this company. I never encountered delays or problems. The prices are unbelieable low!!!!
The only problem is they charge you $400 to fill out a 2 page document to transfer the ownership. If you search the different websites you could save yourself that amount plus more if you find someone that is really wanting to sell.

Harold N.
Apr 17, 2008

ASK FOR MEMBERSHIP DEPARTMENT. They handle the transfers.

Chris S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.