Timeshare Companies

Has anyone dealt with Time No More, Inc

Aug 28, 2008

SHILL

R P.
Aug 28, 2008

jayjay wrote:
SHILL

You're probably right --- who else would even TRY to claim that it's actually a good idea to pay someone $3500 to "...take your timeshare off your hands...".

KC
Aug 28, 2008

well you are if you believe your timeshares are worth considerbly more today ...............regardless of what properties you own there is no "real" value . you own a week , its not worth the paper it`s writen on. When was the last time you tried to sell your "valuable" timeshare? If it`s worth so much sell it and go buy the identical property on ebay for pennies on the dollar, or better yet ask your developer to buy it back for it`s so called increased value................ they will laugh at you I`m sure

Darren G.
Aug 28, 2008

well here is how my wife and came to our educated decision.......... we were going to pay about 3200 over 4 yrs in maint fees, and surely you have heard of "special" assesments, you know bills they can send you for whatever....... so it was pay the money and be rid of it or............... pay the money and be stuck with it. pretty easy to figure that one out huh? And, my wife is an attorney and I have a masters in education so we are not idiots........ except for the time we fell for that sales pitch about how our timeshare would increase in value and we could go anywhere etc....and we owned fairfield, one of the better developers to buy from so take it for what it`s worth. MAYBE YOU LIKE YOUR TIMESHARE OR LIKE THE MAINT FEES ETC.....

Darren G.
Aug 28, 2008

darreng16 wrote:
well you are if you believe your timeshares are worth considerbly more today ...............regardless of what properties you own there is no "real" value . you own a week , its not worth the paper it`s writen on. When was the last time you tried to sell your "valuable" timeshare? If it`s worth so much sell it and go buy the identical property on ebay for pennies on the dollar, or better yet ask your developer to buy it back for it`s so called increased value................ they will laugh at you I`m sure

Thank you for your semi-literate (but only mildly amusing) input and advice.

I actually have no interest in selling any of my timeshare weeks, since I genuinely look forward to using them each year. The only reason I know of their increase in value is that I am periodically contacted by other existing owners at my resorts who want to add to their ownerships, offering to buy (for more money than I originally paid ---in the resale market, of course) one or more of my weeks.

You are certainly entitled to an opposing viewpoint. You are also entitled to your apparent bitterness and displeasure at having unwisely bought directly from a developer at inflated developer prices. Nonetheless, perhaps you could try to demonstrate (or at least pretend to have) even a little bit of class while expressing your particular point of view.

P.S. I suggest asking for a full refund on whatever money you invested in that alleged "Masters in Education"...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 28, 2008 04:51 PM

Aug 29, 2008

Darren does make a point .... especially concerning (most) developer bought timeshares that drop in value bigtime the minute you sign on the dotted line (similar to buying a new car), however if one researches timeshares backwards and forwards and in and out, they will learn that the only way to buy is resale at a price they think is fair and reasonable. And when they get ready to sell, the loss, if any is minimal.

I do understand why many people pay postcard companies to take their unwanted timeshare off their hands when they are looking at paying maintenance fees and special assessments FOREVER or until it's sold. I do see the logic in that when all other means of selling or giving it away has been unsuccessful.

R P.
Sep 04, 2008

Whatever became of the older couple's situation (that paid $79) - Lisa please respond.

To the last comment, how much did you pay? What timeshare did you own?

Sherri H.
Jan 20, 2009

I beg to differ with you! Timeshare has no re-sale value. You can't even give them away! If you had tried, you would know that. And, the resorts won't take them back either, because of the liability attached to them. You have the option of keeping and paying for these things, or getting rid of them. Sometimes, for some people, it makes a lot of financial sense. So, who are you to tell people that they can sell their timeshares anytime on their own. It doesn't work. You may pay these companies a certain amount of money to get rid of the obligation, but at least it stops the bleeding. Maintenance Fees are forever!

Sharon D.
Jan 21, 2009

sharond193 states in part: >> Timeshare has no re-sale value. You can't even give them away!<<

This broad generalization is true ONLY for timeshare weeks in low demand or grossly overbuilt locations (Orlando / Kissimmee FL being the best possible example on the planet) or in low demand "off" seasons or time periods. More desirable timeshares in higher demand locations and / or higher demand seasons can generally be easily sold at will, virtually any time, even in a weak economy. =================================================

Re: >> And, the resorts won't take them back either, because of the liability attached to them.<<

Also not quite correct; "liability" really has nothing at all to do with it. Resorts generally don't accept deedbacks simply because a HOA owned week is a week on which no one is paying (...or is even responsible for paying) annual maintenance fees until that week is resold to a new owner. As long as there is a owner of record, that owner is responsible for paying the annual fees. HOA's don't want weeks without paying owners; this just increases the infrastructure "support" burden on all the other owners. =================================================

Re: >> Maintenance Fees are forever!<<

On this point, you are correct and all can agree. Maintenace fees are indeed forever, and can always be expected to increase a minimum average of 5-6% per year; rarely less, sometimes considerably more.

Still, the notion of paying a PostCard Company several THOUSAND hard earned dollars to (maybe) "take a timeshare off your hands" is (to me anyhow) a truly incomprehensible decision. Someone who is truly desperate to get out from under their timeshare ownership can always list the timeshare on eBay for one dollar AND openly offer to pay all associated closing costs (about $300 or so). By my math, a $350 "out of pocket" total expenditure, although certainly unwelcome, is still a whole lot better than paying a PostCard Company THREE THOUSAND dollars to (MAYBE) part with the timeshare. And why do I say "MAYBE" here? Please read on...

Many PostCard Companies don't even take the deed out of the current owners' name. Instead, they have the current owner sign a power of attorney, authorizing the PCC to sell the timeshare on the owners' behalf. If the PCC fails to do so, the deed remains solidly in the current owner's name (this is exactly how We Collect Timeshares got themselves into trouble with authorities in Washington state last year). If or when a PCC fails to change a deed into their own name, take a guess who still owns the timeshare, and who will still be fully responsible for the maintenance fee bills, DESPITE having previously paid a few thousand dollars to the PCC? Answer ---- the owner whose name is STILL on the exisiting deed!

Not for me, thanks. Not in THIS lifetime.....

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 21, 2009 07:43 AM

Jan 21, 2009

When I advised possibly paying a postcard company to take a timeshare, it was advised as a last resort (excuse the pun) after trying everything else under the sun to sell it yourself ..... many $1 timeshare weeks go without bids on Ebay, so Ebay is not a sure thing.

Some timeshare weeks are just not marketable at all and can't even be given away. In this case I might possibly pay a postcard company to take the deed (average paying them 4 or 5 years of maintenance fees) as opposed to a lifelong obligation of paying rising maintenance fees and possible special assessments.

Again, this would be a desperate last resort for me.

R P.
Jan 21, 2009

jayjay states in part: >> Some timeshare weeks are just not marketable at all and can't even be given away. In this case I might possibly pay a postcard company to take the deed (average paying them 4 or 5 years of maintenance fees) as opposed to a lifelong obligation of paying rising maintenance fees and possible special assessments.<< =================================================

I fully understand and can certainly accept your stated reasoning. However, as per the last paragraph of my preceding post above, there is unfortunately aways a hidden, inherent danger when a PCC does not put the deed in THEIR OWN NAME but instead acts based upon a signed PoA (power of attorney) from the owner. Some owners, unfortunately, fail to grasp this critically important difference.

Yes, a PCC has a few years worth of maintenance fees firmly in hand (received "up front" from the desperate owner). And yes, some PCC's might even PAY those fees (...for a year or more) on behalf of the owner while the PCC is (hopefully) trying to part with (i.e., dump) the week somewhere, somehow. The scenario that I find distressing is one I've seen cited too often on TUG (and elsewhere), in which a desperate owner has paid the PCC its larcenous "upfront" fee, but the PCC has subsequently failed to pay the maintenance fees and has also not put the deed in their own name. This leaves some poor soul hounded by the resort for unpaid fees, bereft of a few thousand of their hard earned dollars, yet STILL owning the timeshare albatross which they want so desperately to be rid of. I can think of no worse possible scenario --- and yet it still happens...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 21, 2009 09:18 AM

Feb 12, 2009

YES WE HAVE DEALT WITH THESE OUTFIT BASED OUT OF GEORGIA. THEY ARE ANOTHER POSTCARD COMPANY. WATCHOUT FOLKS THEY ARE NOT BUYING TIMESHARES INFACT YOU WILL END UP PAYING THEM 3500 FOR YOUR TIMESHARE AND WILL BECOME PART OF A RIP-OFF TRAVEL CLUB RIAN. WHICH IS A JOKE DOES NOT WORK AT ALL. ALSO, YOUR TIMESHARE WILL END UP ON EBAY OR THEY WILL SELL TO THEIR BROKERS. ALSO, THEIR CLOSING COMPANY TIMESHARE FREEDOM IS HORRIBLE.

James B.
Feb 12, 2009

JAYJAY OFF COURSE DARREN MAKES SENSE BECAUSE HE OWNS THE COMPANIES ASSOCIATED WITH TIME NO MORE, INC.

James B.
Feb 24, 2009

We "sold" two weeks to Time No More in August of 2008. We weren't using our weeks or getting equal trades and wanted to be rid of the maintenance fees. The seminar presenters seemed like they were legitimate. One of the weeks seems to have officially been sold. The other, though, is still in our name and we now have an overdue 2009 maintenance fee. It is almost impossible to talk to anyone at Time No More, and when we do talk, they tell us that the title transfer and maintenance fee checks have been sent or will be sent that very day, etc. We, too, are very frustrated. How can they have been in business for ten years and operate like this? Timeshare Freedom seems to be more on the ball than Time No More when we talk to them.

Rex B.
Mar 25, 2009

debbieb383 wrote:
We "sold" two weeks to Time No More in August of 2008. We weren't using our weeks or getting equal trades and wanted to be rid of the maintenance fees. The seminar presenters seemed like they were legitimate. One of the weeks seems to have officially been sold. The other, though, is still in our name and we now have an overdue 2009 maintenance fee. It is almost impossible to talk to anyone at Time No More, and when we do talk, they tell us that the title transfer and maintenance fee checks have been sent or will be sent that very day, etc. We, too, are very frustrated. How can they have been in business for ten years and operate like this? Timeshare Freedom seems to be more on the ball than Time No More when we talk to them.

My mother just found out today that she was scammed...if anyone who has also been scammed email her at hannahjanetran@hotmail.com to see what recourse they are taking it would be very much appreciated.

Kim S.
Mar 27, 2009

I wrote about our frustration with Time No More and Timeshare Freedom in closing the deal on a week that we "sold" to them in August of 2008. They now have attempted to pay the title transfer fee but are telling us that the 2009 maintenance fee is ours to pay, even though the paperwork was done in 2008 and we signed a document stating that the maintenance fee for 2008 was paid! One of the Timeshare Freedom ladies told me that they are a year or more behind on some transfers and that until everything is complete, the original owner has to keep paying the maintenance fee!! Sarah, the supervisor, never returns our emails or phone calls. So frustrating. Andy Harkins, the salesman with whom we dealt, is no longer with the company, we are told.

Debra B.
Mar 29, 2009

debra763 wrote:
I wrote about our frustration with Time No More and Timeshare Freedom in closing the deal on a week that we "sold" to them in August of 2008. They now have attempted to pay the title transfer fee but are telling us that the 2009 maintenance fee is ours to pay, even though the paperwork was done in 2008 and we signed a document stating that the maintenance fee for 2008 was paid! One of the Timeshare Freedom ladies told me that they are a year or more behind on some transfers and that until everything is complete, the original owner has to keep paying the maintenance fee!! Sarah, the supervisor, never returns our emails or phone calls. So frustrating. Andy Harkins, the salesman with whom we dealt, is no longer with the company, we are told.
That's how all the companies operate. People pay them thousands of dollars for them to "take their TS", then they are stuck with the MFs,because the company did not transfer the deed like they were supposed to (they couldnt find a buyer either).

Mike N.
Apr 09, 2009

I was contracted for a boy out in Dec. 08 and paid $3544 for them to take it off my hands. I have been scamed and they have turned off thier phone and aspparently skipped town. DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM IN ANY WAY.

W.h. H.
Apr 09, 2009

whh wrote:
I was contracted for a boy out in Dec. 08 and paid $3544 for them to take it off my hands. I have been scamed and they have turned off thier phone and aspparently skipped town. DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM IN ANY WAY.
I really hope you meant contracting out for a BUY. I believe contracting out for a BOY constitutes human trafficking and would get you in a hep of trouble LOL.

Mike N.
Apr 10, 2009

whh wrote:

So, I assume the week is still in your name and you're being billed for maintenance fees ?????

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.