Harborside Resort at Atlantis

Floating v. Fixed?

Sep 15, 2007

How come there are both Floating and Fixed weeks at Harborside? Is it a question of which phase you are in?

Also, if you have floating, are there any limits on when you can go (other than Xmas and New Year, which I would expect).

Thanks.

Janet S.
Jan 08, 2008

if u have a floating platimun, you can still get the holiday weeks. just call one year in advance.

Meryl N.
Jan 12, 2008

mer1 wrote:
if u have a floating platimun, you can still get the holiday weeks. just call one year in advance.
I don't think you can get any holiday--we own week 52 and paid a premium for that week and we own phase 1--even though phase 2 is mostly float they also sold premium weeks as fixed--also know other owners who own particular holiday weeks so it is very difficult to get those weeks because they are held for them as they can call between 10 and 12 months to secure them. Holidays are very difficult to get at Harborside. Never had a problem using my other platinum unit to reserve in platinum season but not successful ever in securing another week 52 unit that wasn'tfixed.

Maria W.
Jan 13, 2008

maria985 wrote:
mer1 wrote:
I don't think you can get any holiday--we own week 52 and paid a premium for that week and we own phase 1--even though phase 2 is mostly float they also sold premium weeks as fixed--also know other owners who own particular holiday weeks so it is very difficult to get those weeks because they are held for them as they can call between 10 and 12 months to secure them. Holidays are very difficult to get at Harborside. Never had a problem using my other platinum unit to reserve in platinum season but not successful ever in securing another week 52 unit that wasn'tfixed.

i had my unit for 5 years and three years i got holiday as long as i called early. i did new years two years and one easter week.... i realize that there are never guarentees and every year is different. keep i mind they do not heat their pools ....week 51 and 52 is chilly too. the off seasons are often best anyway. if u maximize your staroptions with a solid 148,800 purchase you can go all over with many weeks for the one week purchase.

Meryl N.
Jan 14, 2008

mer1 wrote:
maria985 wrote:
mer1 wrote:

i had my unit for 5 years and three years i got holiday as long as i called early. i did new years two years and one easter week.... i realize that there are never guarentees and every year is different. keep i mind they do not heat their pools ....week 51 and 52 is chilly too. the off seasons are often best anyway. if u maximize your staroptions with a solid 148,800 purchase you can go all over with many weeks for the one week purchase.

Depending on how owners of those weeks bought they can be held for them until the actual day of check in--that was the guarantee given initially--I have owned Harborside since 2001--eventually they went to that you had to call between 10-12 months out--if you didn't you lost that week--I repeat rarely does that happen because owners such as myself can rent those--have done it twice when that week included Christmas and I didn't want to be away that time--I got $4200 for a corner one bedroom. I repeat what everyone on TUG says--if you want a particular week at a resort you should try to find that week. An option for folks wanting a holiday is to look at the calendar for the timeshare for when there is a week 53--they don't sell that week so it is easy to get that week as it is wide open--week 53 happens every few years--other holidays are easier but please don't make your purchase under the assumption that you can get that New Years week--once the resort is fully sold out--and it is close--all the floating folks in Phase 2 will be calling to try for that week.

Maria W.
Feb 26, 2008

We have a floating week 7 with a fixed unit(?). One of the original who are in building 7, facing Atlantis and slip 21. We have found it difficult to get some time in October, only to arrive after purchasing hotel rooms AND to find that there WERE units available. This might be the reason for the tightening up, where you need to commit a bit sooner. That being said, we have been very pleased with our purchase...BUT also pleased that our youngest will be graduating from HS this year, making Feb vacation a moot point. Will be visiting at other times, a party of 2(perhaps other adults would be ok). As for the savings involved in a timeshare rental vs any other option for Atlantis...OBVIOUSly the food. While the dining options at the resort are fabulous, they are extremely costly. Eating breakfast in, and preparing(and taking lunch) alone can save 100's per day. Discovering off property dining options can slice a chunk off the bottom line as well. We generally do not prepare our own dinner, as this IS a vacation. My recent favorite discovery was Columbus Tavern. Have yet to try the fish fry though. Some of the family members need more convincing!!! LOVE Poop Deck... Would love discussion...talk to me!!

Gail R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.