Timeshare Exchanges

REDWEEK EXCHANGE

May 01, 2008

I AM CONSIDERING PLACING MY UNIT FOR EXCHANGE WITH REDWEEK. MY QUESTION IS, WHEN I BOOK THE WEEK WITH MY RESORT, DO I BOOK IT IN MY NAME OR ASK FOR A GUEST CERTIFICATE.

William D.
May 02, 2008

william514 wrote:
I AM CONSIDERING PLACING MY UNIT FOR EXCHANGE WITH REDWEEK. MY QUESTION IS, WHEN I BOOK THE WEEK WITH MY RESORT, DO I BOOK IT IN MY NAME OR ASK FOR A GUEST CERTIFICATE.

You must be speaking of a floating week? If so, you would book it in your name then deposit it here. If someone exchanges for your floating week, I assume Redweek issues a confirmation in the exchanger's name. Redweek doesn't use guest certificates.

R P.
May 02, 2008

jayjay wrote:
william514 wrote:

You must be speaking of a floating week? If so, you would book it in your name then deposit it here. If someone exchanges for your floating week, I assume Redweek issues a confirmation in the exchanger's name. Redweek doesn't use guest certificates.

My week is a floating week but I would book a specific week for the exchange.

William D.
May 02, 2008

william514 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
william514 wrote:

=========== Be sure to book a high demand week as far out as possible. Before you book your week, submit a few different potential weeks for a valuation. After you get your RedWeek valuation, it will be valid for 7 days. If the point value is acceptable, book the appropriate week at the resort and complete the deposit. If you go beyond the 7 days, you will have to resubmit and the value may drop. In my case the value dropped over 25% in a couple weeks. Good Luck and let us know how it all turned out.

Mike N.
May 06, 2008

mike1536 wrote:
william514 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
william514 wrote:

=========== Be sure to book a high demand week as far out as possible. Before you book your week, submit a few different potential weeks for a valuation. After you get your RedWeek valuation, it will be valid for 7 days. If the point value is acceptable, book the appropriate week at the resort and complete the deposit. If you go beyond the 7 days, you will have to resubmit and the value may drop. In my case the value dropped over 25% in a couple weeks. Good Luck and let us know how it all turned out.
I booked a week at my resort yesterday and deposited it with Redweek today. It went very smoothly and the deposit form answered my questions. Thank you for your help

William D.
Jun 21, 2008

In searching for an exchange, is there a way to insert the dates in addition to the region? I get excited when I see the list of available exchanges but it is too tedious and disappointing to click on every one in the list only to find out that the dates are not near my dates.

Chris T.
Jun 21, 2008

ynarpz wrote:
In searching for an exchange, is there a way to insert the dates in addition to the region? I get excited when I see the list of available exchanges but it is too tedious and disappointing to click on every one in the list only to find out that the dates are not near my dates.
================ At the RedWeek.com HOME page, on the upper right, you will see "Find a Timeshare" and go to the "Advanced Search" link. Select by location (you can enter a country, state , city, etc). In the selection for "Available Between", you can select MONTH or scroll down to select WEEK number. To find the dates of a specific week, go to the Resources Link at the upper right corner of the page. Scroll down to find the timeshare calendars.

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Jun 21, 2008 04:04 PM

Jul 12, 2008

I am thinking of depositing a week and received a valuation of 1,078 points. I see a week that I might want that is 609 points. If I did this exchange would I still have points left over in my account ? Thanks

Cathy W.
Jul 12, 2008

cathyw50 wrote:
I am thinking of depositing a week and received a valuation of 1,078 points. I see a week that I might want that is 609 points. If I did this exchange would I still have points left over in my account ? Thanks

Yes.

On the other hand if you didn't have enough valuation points for a trade you desire, you can pay for the extra points needed. I assume they are a dollar a point.

R P.
Aug 14, 2008

I own a floating week. And I just joined at RedWeek. I did not realize that I could submit a few different weeks for valuation to see which gets a higher value, then actually BOOK the higher valued week at my resort, then turn it over to RedWeek. I can do it in that order? There's quite a learning curve after buying a timeshare, isn't there? I'm really liking what I am learning about RedWeek though, as compared to II .

Q=william514]

mike1536 wrote:
william514 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
william514 wrote:

I booked a week at my resort yesterday and deposited it with Redweek today. It went very smoothly and the deposit form answered my questions. Thank you for your help

Kathy L.
Aug 18, 2008

I'm so confused over how the provisional week works. Is it basically a "request first" similar to II? I want to place my week with Redweek, but only want to release it if an exchange comes through for me. Does it basically mean I give it over to Redweek, but I still can control it and use it if a trade does not come through that I want? Please advise. Thank you

Debbra Z.
Aug 18, 2008

dz2 states asks in relevant part: >> I'm so confused over how the provisional week works. Is it basically a "request first" similar to II? I want to place my week with Redweek, but only want to release it if an exchange comes through for me. Does it basically mean I give it over to Redweek, but I still can control it and use it if a trade does not come through that I want? << ===============================================

The "provisional" weeks are NOT actual deposits. They are, instead, merely weeks which someone CLAIMS to own and which they have indicated they would deposit *IF* they found something acceptable to exchange for.

If you choose to actually deposit your week, with RedWeek (or any other exchange company / entity, for that matter), upon deposit your week is then GONE from your control. Once you deposit, you immediately relinquish the right to rent it out, or to use it yourself, or to deposit it with any other exchange entity.

I like the RedWeek exchange model (in concept), with valuations which you know clearly and specifically before depositing (unlike, for comparative example, the mysterious and hidden valuation approach practiced by RCI). However, make NO mistake about the fact that the "provisional" weeks listed on RedWeek may very well NEVER become actual deposits which actually become available for you to exchange into. Think of the provisional weeks as merely a "wish list" of weeks which may or may not ever actually materialize for exchange...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 18, 2008 05:56 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.