Timeshare Exchanges

How does Redweek Exchange work?

Jul 16, 2008

Do I need to make sure that I have my week reserved at my timeshares condo before I can make a deposit and sign up for an exchange with Redweek?

Do the Exchange dates have to be the same as the dates I have reserved in my own timeshares weeks? For ex. I would like to visit other timeshare between June - August but my condo in HI is reserved for June. Should I only be looking for available exchange in June?

Cristina Y.
Jul 16, 2008

cristinay2 wrote:
Do I need to make sure that I have my week reserved at my timeshares condo before I can make a deposit and sign up for an exchange with Redweek?

Do the Exchange dates have to be the same as the dates I have reserved in my own timeshares weeks? For ex. I would like to visit other timeshare between June - August but my condo in HI is reserved for June. Should I only be looking for available exchange in June?

================ Yes, you need to have your week reserved before you make a deposit. However, you do not need to reserve your week to request a valuation. If you decide to accept RedWeek's offer you will have 7 days to reserve the week with your resort and complete the transaction.

After you make your deposit, you can use your points to travel at any time during the next three years. AND you don't need to use all of your points at one time. You can use your points to take one or more vacations.

Before you deposit, be sure to look at the Exchange possibilities (ignore the provisional listings) to see if there are availabilities when and where you'd like to travel.

Here's another suggestion. If you have a lock-off unit and the resort let's you deposit each unit separately, you should request a valuation for each unit. You may get more total points for depositing a 1 BR & a studio, than if you deposited a 2 BR. Just specify the proper unit sizes of each lock-off when doing the request.

Finally, if the unit you plan on depositing is at an RCI Points resort, then RedWeek cannot accept the deposit.

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Jul 16, 2008 12:39 PM

Jul 16, 2008

Sorry for being confuse but I'm really new with all this timeshares stuffs and trying to get my ducks all lined up.

What happen if nobody takes my condo that I deposit with Redweek? Does this mean I cannot earn the valuation point and use it for other timeshare resort?

Also, if my timeshare share was valued at 1500 points and I would like to go to another timeshare resort with just 750 points, can I use the remaining points and sign up to another timeshare resort or I can only go to a resort one at a time in a year?

Cristina Y.
Jul 17, 2008

cristinay2 wrote:
What happen if nobody takes my condo that I deposit with Redweek? Does this mean I cannot earn the valuation point and use it for other timeshare resort?

After you deposit your week with Redweek, your week now belongs to Redweek. You need not worry if anyone chooses it for a trade.

Quote:
Also, if my timeshare share was valued at 1500 points and I would like to go to another timeshare resort with just 750 points, can I use the remaining points and sign up to another timeshare resort or I can only go to a resort one at a time in a year?

Any left over points can be used anytime you wish, however there are some resorts out there that have the 1 in 4 rule, which means you can't trade into those resorts but once every 4 years, but there are not many of those out there .... but check to make sure.

On the other hand if you have 750 points left over from a trade and you want a resort that requires 1500 Redweek points, the you can pay the difference.

You also have 3 years to use your deposited points .... a win - win situation.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.