Timeshare Companies

STAY AWAY FROM KINSTON MANOR OR FOXWOOD VILLAS IN WESTMINSTER SC

Feb 12, 2019

Mary - email me at holdertom2@aol.com so we can discuss! Annual meeting is March 2, 2019. Urge everyone that can to attend!

Tom Holder
Feb 12, 2019

Ken - email me at holdertom2@aol.com to discuss.

Tom Holder
Feb 15, 2019

Ken - I am a timeshare owner there too. Email me at holdertom2@aol.com

ken1193 wrote:
Mary A. wrote:
Yes, something must be done. I have not gone in years as I did the vacation swap with RCI. But fees have gotten so high, I decided to start going to the "resort" instead of paying the extra RCI fees. It was a nightmare. Pictures others have posted on travel evaluation sites are spot on and comparable to the ones I took. I do not know how the County and State allow this substandard facility to stay in operation. I wonder where the fees I have sent in for so many years have been used. I actually went into three different units as the one I am assigned to was so musty smelling and outdated, I could not remain there. All three of the ones I reviewed were equally disgusting. There does not appear to be any updating inside or out. Structures are cracked, retaining walls are leaning, parking spaces are on the verge of collapse,spider webs and mold everywhere, trees growing out of gutters, and I could go on and on. I did not even stay overnight. I want out of this poor excuse for a resort facility.

This sounds like a place where financial reserves are either grossly inadequate or are simply being (ahem) "mishandled". If the property is as bad as you describe, its' downward spiral may very well be terminal at this point. It's your decision to make, but you could always just stop paying your fees, let them foreclose and just put the whole nasty mess in your rear view mirror --- permanently. This doesn't sound like a situation that's going to somehow experience a miraculous turnaround.

Tom Holder
Feb 15, 2019

Sharon - I am a timeshare owner there too. Please email me at holdertom2@aol.com so we can discuss!

Tom Holder
Mar 11, 2019

If anyone finds out how to get rid of this travesty, please let everyone know. Also, if there is a lawsuit or bankruptcy. Thank you from an old lady who desperately needs help getting out of this!!!

Tomolyn N.

Last edited by phyl21 on Mar 11, 2019 09:19 AM

Mar 23, 2019

I am in same Boat. RCI will not exchange w/Kingston Manor. Always exchange. Never have stayed there, I am not original owner: deeded to me by my late Aunt in 2004. I talked to lawyer 2 years ago, he said don't pay Maintenance Fee. I would like to get our legally & say goodbye to that extra cost & Kingston Manor.

Patricia R.
Jul 12, 2019

We have lost a lot of money trying to get rid of our timeshare at Kingston Manor. We would be interested in looking into a class action law suit. I don’t want to leave this burden on our children.

sharonk318 wrote:
Foxwood Hills Villas/Kingston Manor in Westminster, S.C. is your worst nightmare for a vacation or even an overnight stay.

My parents have owned their timeshare there for 28 years and in the past I have stayed there about 3 times over the 28 years but this year was my last.

We arrived on October 5, 2012 at 1:30 a.m. and when we opened the door to the unit, this God awful musty, dirty, moldy smell smacked me right in the face. Within 15 minutes, I had a migraine and felt very nausea. This place makes Motel 6 look like the Hilton. The unit was so nasty that we did not even sleep in bed, and did not use the shower, and against our better judgement had to use the toilet because where else would we go at that time of night.

We documented our 6 hour stay with tons of photos, written documentation of everything we saw and found that would make even the strongest stomach want to vomit.

There is so many safety hazards and inspection violations. The foundations are cracking and coming apart; the retaining walls are coming apart all over the resort; the pavement is a joke because it is cracked and coming apart all over the resort; there is no upkeep to the grounds whatsoever; there are 114 units on the property and not one single unit would I consider safe or up to date; the units are very out dated; old carpet; old cabinets falling apart; appliances that are most all original which is over 25 years old; blankets that have stains on them; smell like urine or feces (see photo); bed mites; mold throughout the unit; stains throughout the unit on the walls and furniture; toilet seats that have had so much urine splashed on them, that it looks like the toilet seats and covers have the mumps or mescals; shower heads that have at least ½ inch of grown mold covering them; ceiling fans and air vents falling off the ceilings; the outside of the units are in need of urgent repairs; have several large holes; falling down boards; board rot; exposed sewerage lines; over grown bushes; concrete breakage throughout the property on the sidewalks and pavement areas; unsafe parking conditions; for our unit had at least 5 feet deep and 2 feet high of empty space under the pavement that if a heavy truck was to park in the space it would give away and the vehicle would roll into the ravine behind it.

Then a rotten 4x4 board holding up the side of a 2 story deck that is also leaning and could give away at anytime. Pillows that are mold on them and holes in the pillow . Doors that go into the unit the paint is peeling so bad off the door itself . The flooring in the unit was very shaking when you walked on it as if you were going to fall through the floor at any moment. Mold inside the refrigerator and dish washer; at least 2 inches of dust on the mini blinds and ceiling fan; There are just too many things to list but we took over 200 photos of our unit and the adjoining units to show the condition of this resort and would be happy to share them with anyone wanting to see them.

We were suppose to be staying through the weekend but checked out 6 hours only after we checked in and could not wait to get back home to take a shower and change our clothes. In our opinion an animal shelter or prison or jail is in better condition than this resort.

The resort made their current timeshare owners pay an $83.00 assessment in addition to the $419.00 annual dues this year (2012) for what was suppose to be to make repairs to the property; We seen no repairs that have been made or even look like there being made; All we saw was a nasty and out dated resort that looks like a ghost town and should be torn down. If anything this resort should pay others to stay there.

I would never recommend this resort to my worst enemy. If you should decide to forgo these warnings I am giving you then don’t say you were not warned when you go and find out for yourself. It is my intention to notify the building inspectors in this county where the resort is located and notify someone on a higher level in the state capital or government; No one should have to be put through what we went through for these 6 hours;

My dogs live and sleep better than this place; No wonder so many timeshare owners are just giving back their weeks and this resort is going bankrupt.

NEVER STAY AT THIS RESORT UNLESS YOU LIKE NASTY, FILTHY, MOLDY, LIVING CONDITIONS and UNSAFE LIVING CONDITIONS AT THAT AND THIS IS BEING KIND WHEN I SAY THIS!!

Myrtle M.
Jul 12, 2019

myrtlem5 wrote:
We have lost a lot of money trying to get rid of our timeshare at Kingston Manor. We would be interested in looking into a class action law suit. I don’t want to leave this burden on our children.

I get the frustration you're feeling. However, what's a class action lawsuit going to do? It's not going to force the resort to take your unit back.

Lance C.
Jul 16, 2019

Hi,

Just wondering if anything has happened with this issue at Kinston.

I have not been able to contact anyone!

Thank you

D H.
Aug 24, 2019

Hello,

Did anything ever come of this? I have a deeded week and never have never been there until today. I stopped by on my way to visit family and was so totally disgusted with this place. Not one unit was occupied and the place looked totally abandoned with the exception of the registration area...

Jeff J.
Aug 24, 2019

I stopped by today and was totally disgusted with this place! I've had a week that was deeded to me and have never used it. Judging by the abandoned, disgusting property I doubt I ever will. Ugh~

Jeff J.
Oct 29, 2019

Hi i am wondering if somebody can tell me where this meeting will take place? I'm a contractor in the area and have offered almost free services to the resort to help revive its current situation. I was pushed away by the so called manager at the front office.. I've offered to clean gutters,fix concrete,pressure wash and so much more for no charge.

Joseph R.
Nov 26, 2019

I am a timeshare owner at Kinston Manor. I think all us owners should sue the association for mishandling of our years of maintenance fees and the additional assessment fees they have charged us for years! They are dissolving the association so why should we still pay for anything? They are offering us a chance to transfer our deed to yet another misrun timeshare by Crown Resorts! No thank you! Please email me: BarbaraEngle20@gmail.com to discuss this. There has to be a way out of our timeshares now that there is no longer an association!

Barbara E.
Dec 27, 2019

We are Kinston Manor owners as well. Just received the letter in the mail yesterday that the resort is closing this week. We've been given the opportunity to either exchange into another Crown Resort or walk away. We most definitely are walking away and will gladly do so!I've been in contact with RCI and have been told that we can continue our membership with them. (you have to be a current timeshare owner only to begin membership with RCI, but if your resort closes or you sell, etc, you can continue your RCI membership as long as you pay the membership dues). We will use RCI for last calls and extra vacations. Still discounted vacations as far as we are concerned and now no need to pay those ridiculous yearly fees to Kinston Manor any longer!

Debbie A.
Dec 28, 2019

I am owner too but my letter offered no deed back option...you still have to pay maintenance and fees until the property is disposed of. ...unless you want one of those other resorts...which I don't. Were you offered a deedback? Anyone else? I only went once more than 20 years ago and have always used it for exchange. Even that we don't bother with anymore since moving to Florida. Just a waste of money

Joan P.
Dec 28, 2019

I have called the resort, too. You have to pay 2019 maint fees-which I did way back in March. You will no longer pay maint fees for Kinston Manor in 2020 because the resort will cease to operate after week #52 in 2019. Read the last paragraph of the letter where it states if you choose to not trade to another location. Choosing to go to another Crown Resort is only a choice, NOT a requirement. You can simply walk away from Kinston Manor as the resort that you have a deed at is now permanently closing. After everything is sold off, owners who have paid their dues including 2019, MAY get a proceed back to them. I surely am not counting on that, though! They are encouraging owners to trade into another Crown resort so that you can continue your vacation travels with them, but you certainly are not required to do so. IF you trade into another resort, you are required to pay the $619 for 2020 Annual dues at the new resort. We are choosing to walk away.

Debbie A.
Dec 28, 2019

We are walking also. I read reviews on the others resorts offered and they are headed down the same path. Too bad. The property is so nice. I would have thought an ideal retreat for busy Atlanta people. Maybe they'll develop it and we'll all make money...fat chance I'm afraid. Just want to be rid of it...RCI too. Gotten way to expensive to belong and exchange. Guess we'll all see. I had no idea how bad it had gotten till I read these posts.

Joan P.
Dec 29, 2019

So what do we need to do if we just want to walk away without being turned over to a collection agency. We paid out 2019 dues back in March. Are we free and clear? Do we need to notify them that we don't want any of their options?

Trudy G.
Dec 29, 2019

Not really sure. I think we are on the hook for all expenses until everything is settled. ...if you want to be eligible for any share of sale . But maybe if you don't pay you just lose out on any profits? The wording in the letter says owners who are current would split up any leftover money. This needs to be clarified legally.

Joan P.
Dec 29, 2019

I was told current means being up to date on all maint and assessment fees up to and including this year 2019. We do not need to do anything else nor pay any more money. The resort will not be open in 2020, nothing else is required from owners that desire to walk away. This is what I was told when I called.

Debbie A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.