Point Systems

I have questions about the resale DRI (Diamond Resort) points I am buying.

Feb 11, 2022

charless345 wrote:
You will be lucky if you can give the points away. I’m sorry because I know this is not what you want to hear, but this is the reality of it. Diamond also has a Transitions program that you can return the points to them. They charge you per contract to take them off of your hands.

Good, honest and accurate input, even if disappointing to you.FYI, my limited understanding is that only DRI acquisitions purchased developer-direct (i.e., not acquired in the secondary / resale market) are eligible for "Transitions".

I would be very happy to be completely wrong about this, but have seen this particular claim made numerous times (mostly on TUG) by folks much more familiar with DRI and "Transitions" than I would claim (or ever want) to be.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 12, 2022 04:49 PM

Dec 05, 2022

I have a 30-yr old timeshare bought through Sunterra. It was the old system where we have a deed for a specified week at Avila Beach resort. We don’t get the actual week at the resort, but instead have spending power at 5,000 pts/yr, while we still have access to all the US resorts owned by DRI. We can no longer use it. Is DRI interested in getting these deeds back? Is that worth paying me something for it? I can’t believe I have to pay them to take it off my hands! Thank you.

Pamela G.
Dec 06, 2022

pamelag304 wrote:
Is DRI interested in getting these deeds back? Is that worth paying me something for it? I can’t believe I have to pay them to take it off my hands!

If you don't want to pay them to take it off your hands, then your next best bet would be to just stop paying maintenance fees and let it go into default and foreclosure. You might face a number of collection calls and letters as well as a possible hit to your credit score or history.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.