General Discussion

rentals listed "not available" and others listed never get confirmed

Apr 11, 2020

HI I contacted an owner owned rental for next week and even though it remains listed it is "not available" Then I emailed a Redweek confirmed listing and they said it was available - paid for it and then found in my messages "sorry owner did not confirm".

I must add that I have come across some very conscientious owners.

My concern is mostly with the Redweek customer service and whether these rentals are truly available or just on there to look like there are lots of listings..

Cinde W.
Apr 11, 2020

Cinde: Owners who use the do-it-yourself posting method are responsible for removing their posting once it is rented. Sometimes owners will forget or they are waiting for the deposit payment to be received before deactivating their posting. You can always contact us with the posting number and we are happy to follow up with the owner to make sure the rented posting is removed.

In the case of your full-service rental, I found that when we contacted the owner to accept your booking, he informed us he had already canceled the week with Marriott due to COVID 19. Since he had not yet informed us of the cancellation, his posting was still active when you inquired.

Thanks for using RedWeek.com and stay well!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Apr 11, 2020 12:28 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.