General Discussion

Vallarta Gardens

Dec 11, 2022

tomh862 wrote:
Does Mexican law provide any protections to non-citizens who are scammed like Vallarta Gardens?

Like I asked Adele above, how exactly were you scammed? They might have duped you into overpaying for a worthless product, but that does not necessarily mean you were scammed. I would be cautious about pursuing legal recourse. Some of these law firms are just as bad as the scam artists. Besides, you could be dragged through courts and meetings for a long time which probably would not be worth your time and sanity. Often when such courses are pursued, the plaintiffs come away with very little but the law firms laugh all the way to the bank.

Anyway, it's your call if you want to spend all that time and take the risk.

Lance C.
Jan 11, 2023

If you go forward with this class action suit against Vallarta gardens, arrow and Cromwell and Berkeley please add my name to the list. We got caught on all three in 2019. Now we get scam calls all the time. Last one was from an attorney stating they have investigated this and we might get some compensation. Do not fall for this. It is another one they use. Janet Hardy

Janet H.
Jun 29, 2023

I appreciate what you’re doing. I would like to get legal advice concerning our situation. Do you have any legal contacts in PV? Preferably a law firm. Thanks

blancam25 wrote:
My name is Maria Mendoza I would like to get everyone who had been scammed by Vallarta gardens timeshare, I used to lived in Nebraska, but Moved to Puerto Vallarta a few months ago, please everyone who wants to joint me to get a class A demand against Vallarta Gardens.

David B.
Jul 20, 2023

There are no protections for non-citizens. It is a cartel. I worked for that same company, also called Mayan Palace, for one day. I was a salesperson in Mexico. You can easily cancel without affecting your credit report or causing any legal issues. You did not purchase a timeshare, but a vacation club "membership." There is no real property involved. Also, the contracts are unenforceable because the timeshare company does not own the resort. They simply rent rooms from the resort owners. Whether you owe them or not, you can easily cancel without paying anyone to do it for you. Just do a google search for "online timeshare cancellation courses." There are some that focus only on how to cancel a Mexico vacation club membership. Hope this helps:)

tomh862 wrote:
Does Mexican law provide any protections to non-citizens who are scammed like Vallarta Gardens?

Wayne R.
Nov 30, 2023

I bought Into their BS and paid $30k in June 2022. They told us they would pay us $2550 for each week we don't stay tbete. It's now Nov 2023 and not yet seen a dime. They have decided to ignore all our phone calls and emails. I'm very interested in starting a class action lawsuit.

Tiffany L.
Nov 30, 2023

tiffanyl260 wrote:
I'm very interested in starting a class action lawsuit.

I'd be very careful about "starting al class action lawsuit". Many have come on these boards with similar complaints as yours inquiring about starting such lawsuits. I have yet to hear from any who have been successful. Even if successful, how much of your precious time will such a pursuit eat up? How much money do you think you'll actually get after the lawyers get their share?

Lance C.
Dec 08, 2023

I made a 13,000. Initial payment. Unfortunately my 5 days have passed and now my final payment is due Dec. 17th. After hearing that they do not actually buy back your weeks I realize I was scammed. I am not going to make that final payment. What should I do now? Do they have any recourse? Please anyone advise.

Juliann F.
Dec 08, 2023

juliannf wrote:
I made a 13,000. Initial payment. Unfortunately my 5 days have passed and now my final payment is due Dec. 17th. After hearing that they do not actually buy back your weeks I realize I was scammed. I am not going to make that final payment. What should I do now? Do they have any recourse? Please anyone advise.

How much is your final payment?

Lance C.
Dec 09, 2023

Juliann F.
Dec 09, 2023

juliannf wrote:

If you still owe $19,000, then my personal opinion is that what you would be paying to salvage this purchase is not worth it. You're probably better off letting the original $13,000 down payment go. It's an expensive thing to swallow but it's cheaper than throwing an additional $19,000 at something that is worth about one dollar.

Lance C.
Jan 13, 2024

Hi - did Vallarta Gardens open a line of credit with Barclays Bank to use to finance any part of your transaction? Barclays Bank has been convicted in a court of law in the past for their part in various timeshare scams and were ordered to pay millions of dollars to those that were scammed. Just Google “Barclays Bank Timeshare Fraud”. Vallarta Gardens primarily uses Barclays Bank to open lines of credit for those being scammed usually for their initial down payment. My wife and I fell for VG’s scam in March 2022. They opened a line of credit in my name for the initial down payment of $13,000, and like all of you, have not seen a penny in rental income for the weeks that we were not planning on using. I believe, based on previous involvement and convictions, that our only legitimate chance of recourse is filing a class action lawsuit against Barclays Bank. I’m currently searching for an attorney that specializes in financing fraud pertaining to timeshare transactions. Please let me know if anyone else financed any part of their VG’s timeshare transaction with Barclays Bank. Thank you. Will

William F.
Jan 14, 2024

I wish you luck, but I frankly fail to see the “scam” here. You apparently made a voluntary choice and decision to purchase and finance a RTU timeshare contract. This was a voluntary personal choice and decision that you now apparently regret.

No offense intended, but how could your personal decision and choice to make this purchase somehow be the responsibility or fault of the entity that merely provided financing for your down payment? Am I missing something here???

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 18, 2024 04:56 AM

Jan 15, 2024

As I mentioned in my initial comment, Barclays has previously been convicted in a court of law for being involved in timeshare frauds, so they are very familiar with how the financial transactions pertaining to timeshare fraud work. Transactions that Barclays have processed for VG for tens of thousands of dollars as part of their fraud, include transaction descriptions that in no way, shape, or form indicate a fractional ownership (timeshare) transaction - such as “Booze Cruise” or “Holiday Payment”. These types of transactions clearly are a red flag that Barclays’ fraud and compliance department should be further investigating, especially in light of their previous convictions for timeshare fraud. Basically, Barclays failed to protect its consumers involved in the VG timeshare scam given their past involvement in these types of frauds.

William F.
Jan 15, 2024

williamf640 wrote:
As I mentioned in my initial comment, Barclays has previously been convicted in a court of law for being involved in timeshare frauds, so they are very familiar with how the financial transactions pertaining to timeshare fraud work. Transactions that Barclays have processed for VG for tens of thousands of dollars as part of their fraud, include transaction descriptions that in no way, shape, or form indicate a fractional ownership (timeshare) transaction - such as “Booze Cruise” or “Holiday Payment”. These types of transactions clearly are a red flag that Barclays’ fraud and compliance department should be further investigating, especially in light of their previous convictions for timeshare fraud. Basically, Barclays failed to protect its consumers involved in the VG timeshare scam given their past involvement in these types of frauds.

Interesting, but very confusing. I frankly still don’t see the “scam” or “fraud” if the amount of money charged to a credit card for a voluntary personal expenditure by the card holder (i.e., down payment on a timeshare purchase) is correct, but maybe I am just missing something here. In any case, I wish you luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Apr 06, 2024 05:57 AM

Jan 17, 2024

There is a Facebook page on all this. Search Vallarta gardens, Kovay vacations.

Peter D.
Jan 17, 2024

Where do you stand on the lawsuit? I am very interested.

Peter D.
Apr 05, 2024

mARIA i AM ALL IN i GOT THE BAIT AND SWITCH FROM THEM I WILL NEVER GO THERE AND CAPITOL MORTGAGE SOLUTIONS IS A SCAM TO

Christy S.
Apr 05, 2024

i WILL JOIN YOU TIFFANY C. SCOTT

Christy S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.