Comments

ask-redweek-hilton-buys-diamond-resorts

Mar 30, 2021

I own (have a deed) for a Diamond Resort property in Florida. What is this transition going to mean for me in regards to my annual maintenance taxes and banked weeks.

Lorna T.
Mar 31, 2021

I have the same situation as Lorna posted in the previous comment. I have a deed at Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort but use Diamond points. This will be complicated!

Hilton will be the 5th owner of that property since I bought it 17 years ago!

Valerie C.
Jun 22, 2021

I hope you can provide me with some comments. I have been approached by PEMEX to buy my 30K Diamond points. It appears to real and not a scam but I remain concerned. The price per points is a small profit to what I paid over the years for my DRI gold status. I wonder if Hilton will dramatically increase my value and if I could sell it in the future for more than is offered now. Can you provide some industry guidance? ML

Michael L.
Jul 22, 2021

Thank you, Jeff, for your analysis. I am a Diamond owner at Polo Towers, week 52, 2 bedroom 2 bath. This sounds like a fantastic upgrade opportunity for quality Diamond Resort owners. I am excited to see how all of this unfolds. We appreciate your continuing updates to keep us informed. Best, Donna

Donna F.
Aug 18, 2021

What this means for current DRI i.e. Polo Towers/ The Club paid for & deeded owners is higher annual maintenance fees. Nothing good will come from it for those of us that own with paid off memberships.

Bruce B.
Aug 28, 2021

Since Diamonds was acquired, can we get out of contract? We were majorly scammed. We're very unhappy and want out.

Christine A.
Sep 02, 2021

I own properties in both Hilton (Las Vegas) and Diamond (LakeTahoe). How is going to effect me?

Clifford S.
Sep 29, 2021

Diamond Club Members beware! Presentations will tell members that they have to buy in to use the Hilton properties and benefits and at huge prices.

Michael M.
Oct 22, 2021

we owned deeded weeks 51 and 52 and another 52 , 3 weeks at parkway international resort for the last 32 years and its had several owners, every time they say it needs a major facelift and you know what goes along with that, our money out the window, i cant take it any more, i could have bought a mansion for the money those trumps and trillionaires have raped me for. anybody got ANY IDEAS how to get out with no money involved?

Bob W.

Last edited by bobw471 on Oct 22, 2021 11:41 AM

Dec 16, 2021

Has anyone sold their Polo towers? We've been approached by a mexican company saying they represent Tickets travel company. They are offering us 4.25 a point. Is this real?

Rosie W.
Feb 11, 2022

owning time share properties is very stressful. When you learn the answers they change the questions and we are always in limbo. I dread the day that I have to make a reservation. It is always stressful. Now are asking me to buy into Hilton and I thought I have already bought into a time share that says I can travel the world and now I have limits. Too bad they are so greedy.

Vera T.
Feb 26, 2022

As Diamond owner, we were told today if we do not spend about $20,000 to move to Hilton we could loose most resorts be were promised when buying! And they are still trying to sell new membership when the sales staff clearly have no clue what is happening! OR the sales staff is just using a high pressure scare tactic! We walked out of "update" today and so did others. I would hope Hilton is large enough they are not trying to do this to previous owners.

Deborah L.
Apr 05, 2022

So HGVC and Diamond will still technically be separate until enough owners upgrade to HGVC MAX... And/or HGVC sells enough new "points packages in the HGVC MAX trust.... Very disappointed that HGVC was selling the Diamond acquisition as growth i properties that owners will have access to yet, even those that upgraded last year are being required to upgrade again if you want to participate in the MAX program opening up the soon to be rebranded Diamond properties.... I imagine that Diamond owners will have some expenses to bring many of the resorts up to Hilton standards.... I told them to suck wind during my presentation. They sold the Diamond acquisition as something we would have access to last year. But. NOOOO.... Only of you give us more money.... Even at HGVC Elite status.... Even after upgrading less than a year ago.... HGVC and Diamond owners alike should push back hard on this.... Tell them what you think!!!!!

Robert H.

Last edited by robh242 on Apr 05, 2022 02:44 PM

May 06, 2022

I am a Diamond silver owner and I just went through a ‘Hilton Update’ presentation. Of course it was nothing but a sales pitch. The main point was that i had to buy into Hilton Max. Otherwise i will not have access to Hilton properties and some Diamond properties that do not meet Hilton standards will be closed. Well I refused. I have paid enough to this timeshare crap. Plus I asked if there will be reduced number of resorts for Diamond members then what was sold to us is no longer valid. Should not our contacts be canceled and money returned?

Javier M.
May 24, 2022

Javier - that is my question as well. It seems unless we spend more money we will have less to choose from. If they rebrand a Diamond property it becomes a Hilton therefore no longer being available to us.

Chris F.
Jun 11, 2022

What they are not telling you amidst all those marketing marveling and chanting of how great Hilton is, and how much they “did a study” looking at all the problems and complaints that diamond owners had worn their vacation packages, is that they are effectively FORCING diamond owners to buy Hilton points and convert over to the new HVG system. On the surface they say, “oh we let you guys have a grandfather clause and if you want to remain in diamond, you can… BUT, the caveat is, they are going to strip all the diamond resorts locations except for about 16 that are in the trust OUT of your diamond resorts system… with the proclamation that even those resorts are subject to change at any time… thusfor diamond owners who already spent thousands and thousands to own and are comfortable with the system and properties they have access to, must either spend a minimum of between 20 and 40 thousand dollars to purchase the minimum point allocation of 4500 points to convert their diamond ownership to hiltons HVG brand, or have their diamond ownership devalued down to 16 resorts, most of them the crappiest in the diamond portfolio save 4 or 5. So in other words, Hilton acquired diamond to take all its resorts to feed to their members, while locking diamond owners out of them, and forcing all the diamond owners to buy their more expensive project. It’s typical big business take over bs… and it’s the equivalent of Elon musk coming to your home and showing you a video of how great Teslas are and encouraging you to test drive one… then as soon as you do, confiscating the car you already own and paid for, and making you buy the Tesla… or just sit in the driveway because they took out your engine. Well I’m not playing along. The customer is still right, and we still have choices. Hilton will never see a dime of my money with this strong arm tactic.

Imari A.

Last edited by on Sep 28, 2022 11:17 AM

Jun 15, 2022

We got suckered into these timeshares as well. The presentation is just a sales pitch so they can get paid. I bought into Diamond Resort and then the Hilton because the salesperson said we could sell it and or rent it out. I don't know if he spoke the truth. Any ideas from anyone on how to let this timeshare go? We don't travel as much and our financial situation has changed. We are new to this and I have no clue what to do. Once we pay off the loan can we sell it back. Is it even worth paying for it or letting it go, the maintenance fees is no joke.

Nancy C.

Last edited by nancyc1077 on Jun 15, 2022 08:04 PM

Jun 18, 2022

I am Diamond member since 2007 and last year even upgraded to a platinum membership status. Now that HGV purchased Diamond we are being told by their sales staff that we now have to upgrade to Hilton HGV Max by paying an additional $20k in order to access to Hilton properties are else we will be only limited to Diamond's diminishing properties under their US collection. This is a very unfair deal and we were all kept in the dark by Diamond resorts and now Hilton's grand scam is being unveiled. I am sure a lot of you are affected by this and wondering if there is a legal action against Diamond/Hilton is in the offing. If so please reach out to me as I too would like to seek legal justice in this matter.

Gerard C.
Jul 25, 2022

We are in the same boat. My only question is can we legally do something about this? They are pressuring us to buy as well and I’m refusing. There has to be something we can do legally. We’re platinum members and pay outrageous yearly maintenance fees. Worse move we ever made.

Lisa E.
Jul 25, 2022

Recently was told that Diamond properties would be refurbished by Hilton. How can you excess maintenance fees on properties that are no longer associated with the agreement? Being denied the right of use in any contract is a breach of the original contract . Maintenance should also be lowered because the community of properties are a smaller selection. I would advise everyone to seek counsel and start a lawsuit. In biblical terms, hire a David to slay these Goliaths who don't care about consumers.

Brad L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.