Report Abuse

Re: deeded or right to use?

Patti, I too have a floating week in Cozumel at the Melia that I have had for 10 years and have been to once. We have banked it through RCI each year and have had mixed results with them on what we wanted to trade for. I am at the point of also going to try and sell our "right to use week" and just buy another place on the texas coast closer to home and will use more often. Please post any new info you may get on selling and I will do the same. It seems the best way to sell is on Redweek from some of the other postings. Just need to find out what paper work is involved. [Q=pattil33] Thanks for your reply. I had some guy from SellMyTimeshare hounding me night after night about listing my timeshare with him for $500 up front. And he kept telling me that the only thing I'd have to worry about was "fending off all the offers I'd be getting." Ha! Was this guy a numnutz or what? I told him that if he was selling so many timeshares, then why not take his fee off my selling price when it sells in 10 minutes? I guess he couldn't do that. Trying to sell my right-to-use timeshare seems like a lot more work than it's worth. I may end up eating the $225 maintenance fee every other year.[/Q]