Report Abuse

Re: Re: Re: Is now a good time to buy MVC timeshare?

[Q=sgarcher] So Dennis what do you suggest if you made all of those mistakes and let the Marriott sales people pressure you into a purchase and here it is four months later regretting paying that retail price for your points? Especially when you really could not afford it.[/Q] I'm sorry, there is not much you can do after you have signed to purchase except rescind within the rescission period. Once signed, I see no good options and several bad ones. I doubt one can get any relief from any timeshare company. Please read my earlier post about just staying away from this high pressure scheme called timeshare. I cannot think of a more devilish assault on uninformed customers. Think about this - If you knew upfront that your initial cost would be gone upon purchase of the timeshare (or points), would you buy? Further, would you knowingly sign a 10 year note at 10.99% or 13.99% interest to buy a timeshare knowing that the timeshare (or points) has no residual value? "Imagine" walking out of a presentation with a $30,000 10 year note to finance a worthless asset. If we were to start over, we would just rent what we need each year. If you must buy, just buy great weeks at great resorts in the resale market - that you can use, rent out, or trade.