Report Abuse

Re: Re: "Giving timeshare away"

[Q=marianw] I gave one timeshare away several years ago. I paid all costs of transfer and attorney fees. Finding an attorney to do it without gouging was the hard part. It really wasn't easy finding a taker, either.[/Q] It is almost NEVER necessary to use (or to pay) an attorney just to transfer the ownership of a timeshare. Once you find a willing new recipient (which can be the tough part), there are transfer companies that will prepare and record a new deed (and will also notify the resort of the ownership change after the new deed is officially recorded) for around $200 (in 2021) in total cost. Legal Timeshare Transfers (located in Georgia) is one entity that comes to mind and it's one which I have personally and successfully used numerous times in recent years as both "grantor" and "grantee". For the record, I have [b]no[/b] affiliation of any kind with Legal Timeshare Transfers other than being a satisfied customer who has used their services multiple times in recent years (and who will very likely do so again in the future).