Report Abuse

Re: all inclusive?

Time to update this thread. We stayed at this resort about fifteen years ago and it was an absolute delight. Great food and drinks BIG campus so you have to time the shuttles or enjoy walking (we do). I just was looking on II last night because we have a couple bonus certificates to burn, and I saw MASSIVE availability here. 2BR units nearly every week in September, October, November...but that's often a bad sign, and when I dug deeper I confirmed that fear. Some time ago these resorts jumped on the Resort Fee bandwagon in a big way. When you book a week, and advance through the screens on II, you will have to be attentive to the (VERY) small print in the conditions. That 2BR unit, had I accepted the exchange, would have cost me $329 for the redemption fee, which I expected, but also $700 for the week in resort fees. Another dagger to the heart of the timeshare racket! Yes, I would get a free airport transfer, and in Cancun that's a blessing. But all the other stuff they throw in is inconsequential and used to cost $0 "back in the day" when this place was a beautiful option AND a good value when you could score a week. Pandemic or no pandemic, these Palace resorts, and the Mexican Bliss resorts also (700-850 a week for the 2BR units), will welcome you with one outstretched hand while shamelessly picking your pocket with the other. Geoff