Report Abuse

ask-redweek-wyndham-guest-cancellations

I want to thank Redweek for posting this article. I am a Wyndham VIP owner and wasn't aware of the extent of the restrictions on my ownership. I called owner care and on my third call was transferred to "'Owner Care" and spoke to someone who explained the "policy" not fully in writing, but still somewhat fluid. I understood having to cancel a reservation that I intended for a guest this summer. When I purchased, I was told I could recuperate some of my $2000/mo carrying costs by renting some of my ownership. I understood that some fellow owners were unable to get reservations for this opening of the travel/vacation period after Covid. I willingly sacrificed my reservation and potential income that would have slightly offset my costs of ownership. I learned that these restrictions have been extended and expanded going forward. This tells me that perhaps this timeshare giant I loved may have oversold itself and now owners are paying a price. I suggested to Owner Care that in addition to restrictions on owners, they suspend sales until they can truly accommodate all owner usage.