Report Abuse

Re: Re: Dont let them cheat/deceive you

Hi Karen, I know this is really old and you may have forgotten about this nightmare but my parents are currently in this terrible situation. When you said you wrote to them, did you mean you emailed them, and also copied PROFECO? I'm trying to find their office in California online but have had no such luck. Please help if you can.. thank you so much. [Q=karenl311] I was able to get a refund on my down payment and cancel the sale. Basically you just write the company and tell them you have changed your mind. Make sure you copy Profeco. I was within the 5 day window (and that does not include weekends). I sent certified copies of the cancellation to the hotel, and the office in california. I emailed the initial copy within the timeframe and then sent certified letters to both offices--that is a little pricey--$60. But I did not want to take any chances. I mentioned the sales tactics in my cancellation letter (they told me I had waived my right to change my mind, for example). My credit card was refunded in full and they did not use any guerilla tactics. I did not get a refund on the $499 to rent my Velas weeks so I will ask Profeco to work on that one. I asked Velas to refund that portion but they referred me too the rental company. Of course, since there was no contract, I am getting more of the runaround. But again, I'll just let Profeco work on that one.[/Q]