Report Abuse

Re: TimeshareMLS.org resale scam

I admit, as the above post by The Timeshare MLS Staff indicates I am not, nor have I claimed to be a consumer advocate. I am however someone who believes the advance fee timeshare resale industry has no merit what so ever. From my experience and the additional information I have learned since then I know there is no question of this. As a result I am doing my best to inform and educate timeshare owners. This is getting much easier since many timeshare owners have already been burned 1, 2,3 times or more by the many companies selling these resale packages. They may not be posting their experiences on forums but that doesn't mean it hasn't happend. As far as a lack of online complaints is concerned, few people who have actually been burned by any type of company will post their experiences online. There are many reasons for this, some are embarrassed, some haven't thought about it, some fell there's no use to, some go straight to the state or federal agencies, some chalk it up to a bad choice and let it go or any number of other reasons. There are still yet others who have been signed up with the company for 5,6, 7 months with no inquiries about their unit and are still holding out hope that by some miracle they will get lucky, very very lucky. These people still realize they've made a bad choice going through an advance fee resale company. The Timeshare MLS Staff states " we protect our customers with a recorded verification that describes exactly what our program entails". A lot of people already realize and for those that don't "Verification" is for the company's protection and not the clients. When Ms. Smith calls back and says Agent Tony said my unit would definitely sell in 90 days I want my money back. Well, the verification dept. is able to play back the tape for Ms. Smith and yes, it states that if the timeshare isn't sold in 90 days we will continue to advertise your timeshare at the company's expense. That is you agreeing to this on the tape isn't it? Yes Ms. Smith replies. Ok, you will not receive a refund, however, you can take comfort in knowing that the $1000 you paid for our service and hasn't brought you any inqueries to date still enables your unit to be advertised on our site, good luck. Now the conversation may not go exactly like that but you get the point--verification equals protection for the company. Plus, verification doesn't record the sales pitch the resale agent has gone through with the customer and all the promises or misleading information they have used to get the client to verification. I urge anyone reading this not to take my word for all I written about this company and this industry. I do stand 100% behind what I have written though. I just suggest call the Florida Attorney General's Office and ask them about this company or principals of it. If anyone wants to contact me personally just let me know and I'll be more than happy to oblige you. I've gotta go now, I'd say it's a safe bet the fine folks at Timeshare MLS have placed their above post on the other sites they eluded to so I've got anwer them on those as well.