Report Abuse

Re: Recent visits

We were at the Royal Haciendas on July 12th during our two weeks, 27 and 28, at the Royal Sands. We own weeks 44 and 45 in phase 1 and had stayed at the Haciendas in November, 2006. We were amazed and extremely pleased at the growth of the resort in less than a year. The whole first loop is completed and occupied. Phase 3 was under construction. Looking at the webcams on the www.royalresorts.com page, there's been a lot of growth in the last couple weeks! We left the Haciendas at 5:00 when the construction workers were leaving. There must have been 300 men lined up waiting to catch a bus, probably back to Cancun. Walking by the under construction beachfront building, from behind the fence, I counted 27 men working on one villa. Their construction is just massive, and the rate and the quality of construction is just amazing. Steel reinforced everywhere, with steel rebarb in all the walls. Hurricane proof for sure! The completed first loop is very nice -- my only (minor)disappointment was that they took out the little waterways and ponds in the middle patio portion between the large pool and the kid's pool. I hope they keep the ponds in the second loop as water makes it seem cooler.