Report Abuse

Re: Fantastic Place

We just got back from Grand Beach and found it to be very well maintained. We were very pleased with our stay. I asked about a breakfast though and no one knew what I was talking about. We didn't do any of the resort activities but they have some. You have to pay $40. for 7 days if you want the internet in your room. A man I met in the lobby where there is free wireless internet, said that Grand Beach used to have wired internet in the lobby. The wireless internet in our rooms was constantly getting disconnected which was very frustrating. Even though we had a router in our bedroom (which you had to make sure not to turn the light switch off and disconnect) the closest connection our computer found was in another suite down the hall. And that only had 1 bar so it was a weak connection. They need to get better wireless internet going since they are charging people! We loved that the resort has parking garages under the buildings and elevators. It was extremely hot when we were there so that helped. They included a warning in our welcome packet that gps units were being stolen. We forgot to take it out one night and ours was stolen even though they have security from 4 pm to 7 am. The police came out and we made a report. Its good my husband forgot to lock the car as another gps was also stolen and the broke the window to get into the car. The rooms and grounds were nicely decorated. The beds were comfortable. The porch was great. They could use more comfortable sofas and chairs but the rest of the furnishing were great. Enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.