Report Abuse

Re: Spain trip

Well, we are back from Spain etc. and all went well. Flew into Lisbon first and took a couple tours there over a 3 night stay. I managed to leave my purse on a tour bus one evening with my passport in it. We went to the US Embassy to see about a replacement. They were closed for the day because of some special event but let us in with the passport emergency. They were just about to hand me a temporary one when the hotel called to say my purse was found! Nothing missing at all! We flew into Malaga just in time to miss the last train of the day to the city nearest our resort and had to take a taxi all the way. Huge resort, made up of several smaller ones. We took a tour to Gibralter and another to Grenada from there. One of those was reserved in advance and required us to wait for the tour bus along the highway long before dawn. The other was out of our resort. A third left us waiting at the wrong locations in the dark by the roadside two mornings in a row. Moral: Only sign up for tours out of your own resort! (We decided not to rent a car.) The cruise out of Barcelona was on the Norwegian Gem, a brand new ship. We were relieved that they got it finished on time! Had quite a bit of rain in Italy, but all in all a great time! MD