Report Abuse

Re: Dont let them cheat/deceive you

even though we did not fall for the vellas scam I am glad that a bunch of you are getting together to try to fix the ones who did. We stayed there in December and went to the timeshare scam. We started out with them lieing to us which was good as it put us on the alert. WE really liked the velas and might of been interested if they hadn't done that. After reading all these stories from others I am glad we didn't invest. The one thing I have found out is if you are really interested in a timeshare you should look at the aftermarket to purchase one. The prices are so much less. We were quoted 125,000.00 us dollars for a one bedroom at velas. Yes you are reading that right. We went to another timeshare that tried to charge us even more for their resort. When we got home looked at after market and found both places at prices less than 1500.00 us dollars for the same thing. Thats loosing more than an expensive car if you fell for it. My brother has had a timeshare for many years. Meanwhile he is in Hawaii right now renting a timeshare because he could not get a timeshare through his company his timeshare is with for this time of year. As I said he has had this timeshare for years. He always has problems when he tries to book anywhere most of us would want to go and the times most of us would want to go. When he finally wanted to go to mexico he had to book 2 years in advance and then when he got there they told him they had overbooked (RCI) the nice new resort he wanted and he would have to go to the lesser sister resort which of course was not as nice. Needless to say he was not happy. He even has a hard time getting good times at the less desirable resorts. He has been using a week at lake chelan for years and never gets summer. He usually goes in October because thats the best he can get. So timeshare buyers beware.