Report Abuse

Re: Dont let them cheat/deceive you

[Q=denisep104] [Q=valeriea6] [Q=guest530] This is a very very immoral, and probably illegal way to sell timeshares and I can't believe I got taken in. I echo all the sentiments of those above. They promised they would sell a time share I wanted to get rid of for enough to pay for this time share. They promised that I would easily rent/resell weeks I did not want to use which has not been true. I paid $500.00 to a reseller to resell the other time share they said that they could easily sell and I never heard from them again. I paid a rediculous price of $18,000 for a 1 bedroom every other year. If you go to redweek.com, you will see many of these week for sale one as low as $600.00. Read em a weap folks![/Q] Did you sign a waiver giving up your right to the 5 day cancellation period? If so, you have legal rights because that cannot be waived. If you are interested in pursuing this, information can be had on timeshare fraud websites. We are looking into different ways to try to get Velas to refund some of our money. Reply if you are interested in learning more.[/Q][/Q] We signed the waiver, (by the way- this is hard to prove because they don't even include a copy of the waiver in the paperwork they give you) then realized we didn't want to go through with the deal, returned to Velas with a letter of our decision to cancel plus all of our contract materials. They claimed the waiver was legal since we were buying a "used" contract, in other words it had belonged to another member who had recently "upgraded" to a higher level. They refused to accept our cancellation letter. We argued it until it was them threatening to meet us in court, so we took the down grade they offered for $5000.00, which was a studio in the bronze season. We just returned from using our week and my husband is convinced we are blacklisted. When we arrived, we got none f the special members only royal welcome. In fact, they had no recored of our reservation and wanted to charge us for our first night until they could locate the reservation. (be sure to ALWAYS carry your confirmation letter with you!!) I had a receipt from my credit card proving we paid and they eventually got it straight, but turned me down when I suggested an upgrade was in order. So, we got no special treatment, no benefits of membership whatsoever. When we checked out, they had not even applied the 20% discount to our food charges. When I protested they said they'd have to go through a different office for that and since we were running late, we just paid. The place is truly beautiful, and for that I was thankful, but NONE of what we were promised was fulfilled in the least. Tip: If you go, don't eat there-the prices are obscene! You can eat better and cheaper almost anywhere else. Go to wal_Mart or Mega or Costco and buy your own drink making supplies & whatever food if you don't mind cooking some. For activities we highly recommend the sail boat, "Gypsy Spirit". They only take on up to 20 people but on the day we sailed there were only 4 other passengers. It was SO much better than the party boats where they pack people on like sardines. They sailed to a remote coastal village where we snorkeled in the clearest water we've ever seen in PV and served us a great lunch on the beach. It was like being on a private beach, it was incredibly beautiful, and very peaceful and relaxing. We'll never go on the big boats again. Top shelf liquor if you wanted it, and hands down the best service we ever had on a bay cruise in PV. By the way, it is a beautiful wooden sailboat too. Good luck to all who are going back to Velas. ~Jackie