Report Abuse - 33111

Re: Starwood Vacation Ownership

I own at several SVO resorts, not Harborside. Buying resale, to answer many questions, the only way to get SVN and the staroptions is to buy at a mandatory SVN resort (Harborside, Maui [both], StJohn, Keirland Villas [Scottsdale], Vistana Villages [Bella and Key West phases only].) You do not get the gold card or can not convert to starpoints (debatable - but is not a good deal generally) IMHO I would not buy Harborside or StJohn to exchange in SVN or II - the maint fees are way too much. You get most bang for the buck (options per $) at Keirland Villas both at resale and with maint. fees. StJ and Harborside are great resorts to stay at and would love to own there but NOT to trade. I can use my Broadway Plantation deposited right and can get the same they get in II for 40% of the maint fees and about 50% purchase price. You will be downgrading to trade and will still have the HIGH maint fees. Rentals have already begun to dry up with the economy in the toilet. BEST advice: Buy where you want to go and trade occasionally.