Report Abuse

Re: Starwood Vacation Ownership

I started out buying a two bedroom lockoff at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in the Cascades section in 2005 on the resale market. It came with a week which I deposited in RCI. That RCI week got me an exchange into a one bedroom in the Cascades in March 2006. At that time I bought a two bedroom every other year from Starwood directly. The unit was at the Sheraton PGA in Port St. Lucie Florida which I bought sight unseen just to bring my Cascades property into their network. For 2006 I had deposited my two bedroom Cascades seperately into RCI and got a one bedroom ocean front at the Driftwood in Vero Beach in June 2006. The other one bedroom got me a two bedroom back at the Cascades in March 2007. At that time I traded my PGA back to Starwood for an annual two bedroom lock-off at the PGA. For 2007 I exchanged one bedroom of my PGA for a one bedroom at Harborside at Atlantis in June 2007. The other half got me a two bedroom at Rams Horn Village in Estes Park, Colorado in March 2008. For 2008 I exchanged one of my lock-offs for a two bedroom back at Harborside Atlantis in June 2008. I used the other two bedroom L/O for a two bedroom week at Marriott Newport Coast through Interval in Janurary 2008 and Orange Lake River Island two bedroom in June 2008 through RCI in conjunction with my Atlantis trip. I also had a week left for an exchange through Interval to Williamsburg Plantation in October 2008. I feel like I got my money's worth out of Starwood. I also got 120,000 Starpoints from the two I bought from them. Starwood Vacation Ownership has worked out great for my family. This year we are going to the Sheraton in Avon Colorado and the Westin Maui ownership properties by exchanging both of my two bedroom lock-offs.