Report Abuse

Re: Dont let them cheat/deceive you

A TALE OF TWO FAMILIES Family “A” goes to a foreign land, Mexico, for vacation in beautiful Puerto Vallarta. While there, they are approached to go to a presentation and are offered gifts or cash to attend. Ignoring the saying “there is no free lunch” they go. A salesman shows them a beautiful hotel with gorgeous grounds and pool and offers them an “opportunity” to vacation there for years to come for only $33,000 plus guaranteed to increase maintenance fees they must pay every year. They know they cannot afford this but greed reared it’s ugly head when it was suggested that they could rent their weeks and make a profit so they buy into this farce of a story and plunk down their cash. To add insult to injury they go back for a second bite of this apple and plunk down who knows how much to upgrade to a “rentable” two bedroom unit. Whatever happened to the wise words, “Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!” Now four year’s later, family “A” screams, we have been robbed…it’s a heist! Send for the savior of the world Super Obama! Save me savior Obama. Save me my elected representatives. Save me, President Felipe Calderon from myself and these bad men who took the money I offered to them. I want it back! Every dime! Then there is family “B”. Family “B” also went on presentations. But family “B” was wise enough to know that giving this salesman $33,000 wasn’t a wise use of their money. So when they went home they did some due diligence and found they could purchase time in a two bedroom at the same hotel by buying online from family “C”. Family “B” happily paid family “C” $4100 for what they paid $25,000. Yes they chaff a bit about the yearly maintenance fees, but they have good friends who go on vacation each year with them and they cover half the fees. Then while there, family “B” goes on other presentations and collects up to $900 which pays the rest of the maintenance fees and pays back on the initial payment. So to recap, the stay is free, friends and family have a great time, just add air fare and food. Life is good! What can family “A” take away from this tale? Well, they can continue to whine and keep seeking Merlin the magician to magically bring back spent money. (He’s dead by the way. And the savior Obama is a real life farce.) Your money is not sitting in a vault just waiting to be given back to you….It’s gone and long ago spent. OR They can forget about the money that is gone and start enjoying what they bought. Invite good friends and family to enjoy a beautiful vacation. Go to wonderful restaurants and have a good time. Go to other presentations and take back some of your money piece by piece. Just enjoy life! AND LEARN HOW TO JUST SAY NOOOOOO!!!! ps: Please don’t drown the messenger in the pool.