Report Abuse

How legitimate is Global Property Services for selling Diamond Resorts property?

Polly15's BBB reference above is not correct - the BBB reports only one complaint in the last three years, which was resolved satisfactorily, and they received an "A" rating from the BBB, rare for this industry. They have been in business since 2006, which is longer than most. There are many timeshare resellers out there, so be careful to use the exact name and address (this one is in Myrtle Beach, SC). In Myrtle Beach, the BBB listed 8 timeshare resellers; Global Property Services was the only A rated one, followed by Timeshare Mover's (A-) and Timeshare Transfer International (B-rated: They used the BBB logo to suggest that they were a member, but they're not, despite the BBB contacting them about it). The rest were likely to be scams (a D-, 2 F's and 2 "Not rated" (e.g., 27 complaints, no current phone or address listings; the second was having people wire a bank in Florida, the company was virtual (a mailbox), and names may have been false). In eight more ratings in South Carolina, I found one A-, two C's, 4 F's and one Not Rated (disappeared). So this group has 19% A's or B's, 12% C's. and 67% D-, F's or No Ratings that were likely scams. What does this mean about Global Property Services? I don't know. The best of the worst industry? I spoke with them, and they indicated that I wouldn't pay anything until it had closed, which sounded good, but the amount of the offer sounded too good to be true. More investigation is needed. It would be helpful if someone had used them and either closed on the deal or been scammed out of their $ to know how to think about them.