Report Abuse

Class Action Against Diamond Resorts? Wanted good attorney

According to Diamond Resort's 2015 annual report, VOI sales (Vacation Ownership Interests) are not subject to real estate regulation or laws because it is not deeded real estate. Real estate regulation does apply to deeded fixed week timeshares. Diamonds VOI points are a lifetime and beyond "interest". I'm told the timeshare industry is the only industry that offers contracts for eternity. The Diamond contract states, "This agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the Parties, their respective heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives." Heirs can normally refuse any inheritance, but not timeshare. I would love to be wrong. It is extremely important and TIMELY for owner's who feel they have been deceived; to file a complaint with the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau. They are currently investigating Westgate and Diamond is always mentioned in articles pertaining to the Westgate investigation. The investigation is landmark because in the past the CFPB could only investigate lending. The CFPB denied Westgate's petition, so now the CFPB is allowed to investigate sales as marketing, in addition to lending. I think I filed the first complaint, because I could not get it to submit. I worked it out with Henrietta at the CFPB by filing it orally. Fortunately, I know how to write court reports, so we worked well together. Be patient as you dictate. She could not get it to file together. She called me back later that day and said we had to refile. After an afternoon of research she learned owners must select the "mortgage" option even if there is no mortgage. If that doesn't work for you, call Henrietta. This is a free and necessary step which can be done without the aid of an attorney. Irene