Report Abuse

Diamond resorts take over of ixl resort RULES and SLEEZE

I have been working through the AZ Attorney General's office. Our complaint is that our Diamond contract states you can sell points. However, no licensed timeshare resale broker will buy or sell them due to restrictions so severe as to eliminate the secondary market. As a former licensed stockbroker, I would have never signed a contract that forced me to use only listing or transfer agents - like the ones the Florida AG shut down. Diamond's response has been that the 64 members of the Licensed Timeshare Resale Brokers Association just don't understand the restrictions. We own Club Points which are different from other types of points - adding to the confusion. In order for the AG to do anything, you must present evidence based on fact and not opinion. The Arizona Attorney General ''s website is the most consumer and user friendly of all the AG sites I have explored. The most important thing to do is file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. I know of at least three of us who have done so. The CFPB is currently investigating Westgate timeshare (Search BuzzFeed Westgate). Since they are federal, they are free from the effects of developer lobby organizations like ARDA. We owned three fixed weeks for 25 years without even one complaint and I had many timeshare sales agents as brokerage clients. They were wonderful people. My experiences at Diamond sales presentations and duped by contract misrepresentations leave me outraged.