Report Abuse

Class Action Against Diamond Resorts?

I have been gathering owners who have filed complaints with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. There are several filed. I'm a former Ombudsman Advisory Board member, advocates on behalf of nursing home patients. One person in a nursing home told me his friend has 22 timeshares, a man at church with dementia is being squeezed for $10,000, and one widow told the timeshare resale agent she was considering suicide because her husband died and she can't afford the maintenance fees. The industry is out of control. We had owned three timeshares for 28 years with no problems until Diamond moved in. A 14.9% increase in maintenance fees was announced to owners to bring the property up to Diamond standards while a "15% cost plus on every budget item was being bragged about to shareholders as a 100% guaranteed pure profit" (David Palmer). The CFPB is the only hope because the legislatures, most AGs ARDA and Trump are kind of a big obstacle to changing perpetual contracts and no Diamond secondary market as the Latticework article emphasized to stockholders as a big plus. I can afford our maintenance fees. We're not even silver. It's the people taking out home equity loans for vacation plans they can't afford and didn't understand due to the convenient oral representation clause that bothers me, especially after doing the math below: From Latticework and the ADW venture capitalist who urged the LBO: What is less well understood, and appears in no sell side research, is something called 1818 Partners. 1818 Partners should really be called “Management has options for 5 million shares (6% of the company) struck at $12.56 that expire in July 2016.” I told you Adam Wyden was bright. As someone who focuses on insider ownership and management incentives, this is a nice cherry on top. When we factor in the benefits of being private, the valuation, the ownership, the options, and the announced process, I would not bat an eye if this company was sold for $30 per share (almost a 50% premium to our purchase) before the options expire in July.