Report Abuse

Re: Exhorbitant Maintenance Fees

Hotels do go up 10% to 20% in Maui every year. North America about 3% to 15%. It's a fact. Look it up, its in the Maui news. Plus taxes and resort fees and parking is another 10 to 30 percent. Go online now and find a nice one bedroom for rent on Maui for January for less then $500 a night. It's doesn't exist. Ocean Front and not some dump. That Westin rents for $560 to $1,000 a night plus $25 resort fees, $22 for parking and 14% in taxes. Maintenance for all companies go up about 2 to 6%. A lot Less than Hotel inflation. I'm a financial advisor. FYI I'm not pro anything, but DONT lie and say maintenance fees go up more then hotel rates. See below: Direct from their website. 2 bedroom for one week. The 15% taxes alone is almost $1,500 for the week in ONLY taxes. Maintenance for the week is way less than $2,400 !!!! I own a 2 bedroom at this resort. From website. "THE WESTIN KA'ANAPALI OCEAN RESORT VILLAS 6 Kai Ala Drive, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761 Phone: (1)(808) 667-3200 Check in:Sat, 01/07/2017, 4:00 PM Check out:Sat, 01/14/2017, 10:00 AM Room(s):1 Adult(s):2 Children:0 Two-bedroom villa: 2 King Beds + 2 Sofa Beds, Non-smoking 1,230 ft² / 114 m², Ocean view, Whirlpool, Full kitchen, Non-smoking Rate Description: 5th Night Free with Sunsational Savings!. Includes 5th night free and daily breakfast for two.. RATE INFORMATION Room Rate Total for your stay: USD 9,330.44 Taxes: ROOM of 9.25% Per Room / Per Night is not included in the rate. SALES of 4.16% Per Room / Per Night is not included in the rate. Note: Actual total will be in hotel's local currency at the exchange rate in effect at time of charge. **The displayed totals are estimates only and do not include any additional charges that may be incurred at the hotel. The actual total will be calculated by the hotel in its local currency, based on the local taxes and currency exchange rate (if applicable) in effect at the time charging occurs" Lastly: Timeshare has been good for us. It's not for everyone and it's not perfect. But these forums spread more false ideas than accurate ones. Do your homework and stop spreading lies.