Report Abuse

Yes and no...

[Q=lancec13] Just to be fair, as much-maligned and infamous Westgate is, Westgate timeshares are still legit. [/Q] I have to respectfully disagree, at least in part. Westgate [b]properties[/b] are certainly nice enough, but Westgate [b]practices[/b] are despicable (and I'm not just referring to their aggressive and deceitful sales weasels). Specifically, Westgate imposes very limiting constraints upon people seeking to make reservations with Westgate timeshares purchased in the resale market, essentially rendering a Westgate timeshare ownership nearly worthless in the resale market. Any "value" in a Westgate timeshare (albeit originally purchased at obscenely high initial buy-in cost) basically exists [b]only[/b] with actual use of the "product" by the original developer-direct buyer. To the best of my knowledge and belief, Westgate [b]alone[/b] among all of the "chains" in the timeshare industry deliberately imposes these severe (and very arbitrary and unfair) reservation constraints on resale owners, in essence discriminating against people who acquire their Westgate timeshares in the secondary (resale) market. Clearly, Westgate is looking out only for themselves, with no evident concern or consideration for Westgate timeshare buyers. Would you buy a new car that literally became nearly worthless in the resale market the very moment that you left the car dealer's lot? Not me, thanks.