Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Want to sell timeshare in Las Vegas (by Lance C.):

marisolb16 wrote:
I'm not done paying off my timeshare....im tired of Grand Hilton charging all these extra fees...I just want out if it How can I get out..and what do I have to do?

If you haven't paid it off, then no one is going to want to take it from you. You can try paying off the loan/mortgage and getting your maintenance fees up to date. Then try giving it away using reputable timeshare resale websites such as here on RedWeek, My Resort Network, E-Bay, Craigslist, or Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG; tugbbs.com). You can also ask the resort's Homeowners' Association if it will take your unit back.

The other option, if you do not want to pay anything else into this, is to stop all mortgage and maintenance fee payments and let it go into foreclosure. You will probably face a barrage of collection calls and letters as well as possibly a hit to your credit score or rating.

The one big caution to people in situations like yours is to not use any of these law firms or companies that claim they can get you out of your contract without any consequences to you. They are usually scams. They charge large, upfront fees and then either do nothing or do something that you can do yourself (such as what I already mentioned).

I know these choices don't sound appetizing but that is the hard reality right now. Believe me, there are many timeshare owners like you who are in a similar situation and are facing these tough dilemmas.