Royal Hacienda

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Royal Haciendas (by Kathleen C.):

I have a feeling almost everything royal does is great except the garbage cans under the sink. We stayed at Club International 3 weeks ago and the trash can didn't fit right under the sinkeither. It was a big round one with a lid. The same as a big outside trash can but, smaller. You would think this minor thing would be fixed but, that resort is 30 years old so I guess that's how the garbage is done :0)

jiml122 wrote:
alanw66 wrote:
I'm at the Haciendas ... right now! They have (free for now) wireless Internet up and running.

I never really liked the Sands, in part because it was the least Mexican of the Royal properties. The Haciendas is not like that. The food, decor, etc., are thoroughly Latino. I feel like I'm in Mexico.

Yes, the appointments of the units are nice (granite, patio tub, etc.,) but they DO NOT AT ALL have top-of-the-line appliances. The dishwashers, in particularly, are the noisiest and feel really cheap. There is nothing at all special about the appliances. Same goes for the cookware and a few other sadly lacking details. (Also, if you're into it, the cool "flat planel" [NOT LCD/Plasma] TVs aren't hooked up to their DVD players properly, but most folks wouldn't care about that.)

Hopefully some of this will be corrected in the future, but right now, the under-sink trash cans don't even fit in the provided space.

At the moment (February), there's still a lot of construction going on, and, for example, the on-site store doesn't have any frozen food--and the Palapa restaurant is almost non-functional on Saturdays. Plan to go to Mega or WalMart on the first day. Taxis are 85 peso each way (or rent).

Another tip: If you want to rent a car, the onsite service is from Hertz! You'll get a much better deal renting in advance from the Hertz website in the U.S. than onsite.

The beach is easiest the best beach of any Royal resort in Mexico, and I've stayed at them all. (We've been coming here for about 27 years.)

We bought weeks 42&43 at Royal Haciendas last August 2006. We love the look and feel of Haciendas. Can't wait to spend our first stay in October 2007. Want to know how the wireless internet connection works. Is it fast broadband? Any charges? What is coverage etc.?