Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Trying to get rid of a timeshare already paid in full. (by Don P.):

Never pay anyone money that claims they claims they can get you out of your contract . You can do it yourself . First thing is to contact your home resort and tell them that you can no longer pay the maintenance fees . Explain your circumstances and ask them to take it back through a simple deed back . If they agree it's quick and inexpensive . They may ask you to pay the next years fees to give them time to find a new owner . That's a small price to pay to get out of future fees and assessments . Take the time to locate someone at the resort that handles the deeds . If it's a little too much for you right now ask a family member to assist you . I got rid of two timeshares in 2011 this way . I notified them that I was going to get them out of my name with or without their cooperation and apparently I was convincing enough that they agreed and in less than two weeks I was free of my contracts . Good luck .