Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Global Access thru Orange Lake Resorts (by Sharon C.):

lee144 wrote:
ianf18 wrote:
lee144 wrote:
Does anyone have any experience exchanging their "week" to Global access points? Any positive or negative feedback?
Hi.

I have purchased an extra week so that I can use weeks with 'Global'.

My experience is that I am appauled by the service provided by Global and RCI.

They have turned me from an Orange Lakes lover into a hater of this system. I am now considering selling the three weeks I own because I spend hours on the phone resolving problems.

I cannot easily book exchanges and the management of these organisations need to experience the low standard of customer service experienced.

My advice. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

Ya know, I was thinking about changing one of my weeks to points thru Global Access. The communication was terrible and thet don't know if they are on foot or horseback. Anyway, yesterday we were told that us old owners are grandfathered into the old sysytem in which , as a weeks and points owners of time shares thru RCI, I can still deposit a week with RCI and then change the week to RCI points. In my case, no need for Global Access. In any case they are pretty bad off. I called and said I was interested in Global Access and it took the 4 weeks to call back amd 3 weeks to send me the paper work. I am thankful that I have not done anything

My husband and I just returned from Orange Lake. We bought a week 20 years ago and have not visited OL in 7 years. At the check in they said they are switching to points and that we should go to the meeting to learn more. We agreed to the 15 minute presentation instead of the hour one on one. After the 15 minutes, every couple in the room was charged by a salesperson that was hiding behind closed doors. Anyway, we were told that our 2 BR is actually worthless, that they were GLOBAL ACCESS and not part of any other points system. And that if we ever planned to vacation in OL again we would be luck if our 127,000 "point" could get us in. Bottom line, re invest to get us at least to 300,000 Global Points for a mere $12,000. He was rude, and would not answer any "normal" questions. We walked out and and reported him to member services. So.please explain your "grandfathered in" scenerio to me. Has anyone else had this problem?