Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Global Access thru Orange Lake Resorts (by R P.):

From what I understand Global Access is merely an (expensive) option for owners to join at Orange Lake, it is not mandatory. You can still bank your OLCC week with RCI and trade it as you have been doing for 20 years or you can use your week as you did this year.

I haven't heard that OLCC is going all points. As far as I know Global Access and RCI are not related ... the GAl points system would be in direct competition with RCI's points system.

I would just continue as you have been doing for your 20 years of ownership.

sharonc196 wrote:
My husband and I just returned from Orange Lake. We bought a week 20 years ago and have not visited OL in 7 years. At the check in they said they are switching to points and that we should go to the meeting to learn more. We agreed to the 15 minute presentation instead of the hour one on one. After the 15 minutes, every couple in the room was charged by a salesperson that was hiding behind closed doors. Anyway, we were told that our 2 BR is actually worthless, that they were GLOBAL ACCESS and not part of any other points system. And that if we ever planned to vacation in OL again we would be luck if our 127,000 "point" could get us in. Bottom line, re invest to get us at least to 300,000 Global Points for a mere $12,000. He was rude, and would not answer any "normal" questions. We walked out and and reported him to member services. So.please explain your "grandfathered in" scenerio to me. Has anyone else had this problem?