Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Destination weddings (by R P.):

You are indeed correct. I misread it to be the Caribbean. St Maarten is in the Lesser Antilles bordered by the Caribbean. We were in St. Maarten (Dutch side) many years ago on a cruise, but from what I've read it has changed a lot. Back then, it was a quaint but lovely tourist village.

I will google to see what wedding features can be had at any Virgin Island Resorts (I believe that St. Thomas is in the Virgin Islands) so surely there's a resort that does weddings (or that's affiliated with wedding planners). We were also in St. Thomas on the same cruise as the one above. They have many high end shops ... it's a shopper's paradise.

ken1193 wrote:
St. Maarten is surely a lovely place (I haven't been there, so can't claim to know personally). What I DO know with certainty, however, is that it's NOT part of the U.S. Virgin Islands --- which is where the poster first specifically inquired about. St. Marteen is an island whose ownership is split between the Netherlands and France.

Not seeking to to nitpick, but since I've got a USVI specific bet offered out on the table here, with a wedding gift at stake, I just wanted the facts straight... ;-)