buy timeshare

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: buy timeshare (by Andrea G.):

I have questions about timeshares. I am seriously thinking about buying a timeshare on the beach in my favorite place New Smyrna Beach, Florida. There is a listing on eBay I am thinking about bidding on and the auction ends in less then 24 hours. The cost would be whatever the auction ends at, plus closing cost of about $400.00. It is week 2 for inventory purcpose and floating week 1-52, 2 bedroom, annual mainentance fees are about $425 right now. I have never bought a timeshare before, so I am hesitant to do it. Are these things worth it? There is no way I could stay on the beach for anywhere $425 per year. I could also buy through Redweek for up to $1500 for a 1 bedroom. This is at Islander Beach Resort a very nice place as I have seen it from the outside, while driving by. Can some one please help me to decide. Are these easy to sell if I loose my job, etc and need to get out or am I going to be stuck for the reat of my life? Also, what about RCI, etc. I know nothing about these things, please help! You can also email me at akg55@optonline.net or call me at 201-750-7004 x11217 (work), 914-260-5278 (cell) or 845-364-6092 (home)

Thank you,

Andrea