Car Rental Beware

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Car Rental Beware (by Jackson B.):

I just completed a car rental from Dollar. I made it clear when I picked up the car that I would return the vehicle with gas tank full. However, the employee billed me for pre-paid gas. Yes, I should have looked at the contract more carefully before signing. My real problem is the rude and arrogant tone adopted by Dollar when I explained the mix-up. They would not entertain refunding my pre-paid gas despite the fact that my filling the tank before return clearly indicates a misunderstanding. To be honest, in may opinion it is likely the employee deliberately billed me hoping I would not notice in the rush. I was so clear it is hard to believe that he could have made the error inadvertently. In any event, renters should be very careful with this company. If you do go with them, make sure they have not slipped something in to your contract before you sign it. Moreover, do not expect any sort of consideration or flexibility if there is a problem. Arrogance verging on rudeness is what you can expect. I explained to Dollar tbat this is poor business practice. In the short term they have won as they have been paid for gas not provided. In the long run though they lose. They have certainly lost me as a customer for ever, and I would encourage others to think twice before using their rental services. Hope this link may be helpful for you.