Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Club Points and Elite Membership Versus Unit Ownership (by Vacation O.):

I read through many of these and find an interesting trend for hatred of DRI and their foul business practices. I call it legal extortion and the beauty is people pay them to good money to hold their deed in an irrevocable trust. PEOPLE your DEED is the only value in a time share (besides of course using it for vacation). DRI has $crewed over its members there too. I can get KBC my home resort on expedia or orbits for less than I pay in maintenance fees for my week. explain the benifit of owning a TS if I can get the same resort from any online discount dealer.

Here is how I see it (in a nut shell);

10-15k upfront on a mortgage @9%+ APR 1,000+ /yr over 25 years (avg vacation lifetime) works out to

36k-40k

Now simply divide what ever your number is in your situation by your number of vacation years

40k/25 years=@$1600.00 for each week owned or 1600/7=$228.57/night

now check it on line for yourself where can you get decent lodging for 228.57 a night and not pay 25 years in advance.

Did that take 90 minutes?

Simple.

Concerned Vacation Owner