Bluegreen Points

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Points systems thoughts... (by Dennis N.):

Buying points directly from Bluegreen or other timeshare company is like buying a new car. It is not worth the money you paid for it once it is titled in your name. A large portion of what you pay is for commission to the salesman, etc. If you have done your homework and still decide Bluegreen is what you want in the way of vacation time then buying resale is the only way to go. It will save you a lot of money and the questionable benefits you would derive from buying through the company are just that.... questionable. I would suggest at some time however, that you go through a sales presentation to find out exactly what benefits you would get and decide if those are worth the extra money to you personally. The big thing to decide is what level of points is right for you and not having access to points charts makes it a bit difficult. I would be happy to lend some assistance in this regard but going through a BG sales presentation will give you a better idea and the salesperson certainly can help with that also. Just remember that they will OVER-PROMISE and UNDER-DELIVER when trying to sell you points. Get your information THEN go to Ebay or Redweek resales for your points. Timeshare laws state that they must treat you like any other owner regardless of where you came by your points.... except for the, so called, "benefits". With Bluegreen it doesn't matter to what resort the points are attached. Points are points and they can be used at any resort; maintenance fees are calculated by points and so are accommodations (location, week, and unit size, etc.). Bluegreen also has a membership fee charged to owners in addition to maintenance fees. I own 3 different companies - Marriott, Bluegreen and Wyndham and of the three I prefer Wyndham. They offer more locations than BG and more flexibility than Marriott for the cost (my opinion) but there are drawbacks in every system. Good luck and happy vacationing.

andrewb285 wrote:
My wife and I are considering becoming a member at BG. What's your suggestion in starting out? Do we go to BG to start the process, or can we buy from someone off of Ebay for example that would be a BG membership?