Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I have questions about the resale DRI (Diamond Resort) points I am buying. (by Charles S.):

fredm145 wrote:
I need clarification on another member's posting (below). I seem to get the impression that if I buy 10000 points in DRI US collection, then I would have to also buy a further 5000 from diamond in order to use the 10 000 which I bought. Is this the case?

mm273 wrote:
Yes, we sold our US collection points via Redweek. We listed September 2013 and had three interested buyers within 45 days. The key is finding the right buyer. That is, the new buyer will only get your limited home resorts to use and not access to all DRI properties unless after buying your points resale, they turn around and buy half the amount of points bought from you at Diamonds then current price. So if you have to sell, this feature is costly for a buyer and limits the potential resale pool. Because of this, we had no choice but to list and sell ours for $0. This is DRIs way of getting a cut of your sale as they won't do buy backs- and a way to get more annual dues from the next buyer. Our buyer wanted one particular resort, so the limited resale worked for them.

DRI said it would take 3 weeks when I first inquired, but when I sent in paperwork, they said it could be up to 3 months. Because we sold for $0, we did not use escrow service as there was little risk to either party and we paid transfer fees. It took probably 5 weeks. Note, the sale closed and I didn't even know. I had to call and ask for paperwork confirming it.

Points bought on ebay and anywhere else other than DRI will not be added to your Club account and will not bring you to gold status. Thus, resale points will not do what you are wanting to do as they do not count toward loyalty tiers.

DRI has been known to allow you to bring those resale points into the Club and let them count toward gold/loyalty tiers if you buy half the number of points from DRI that you wish to bring in resale. So if you want to bring in 10,000 resale points into the Club, then you would have to buy 5000 points directly from DRI.

There is plenty of information on this and owners who have done this on Diamond Resorts Members page on Facebook. This is a site run by members like myself and it's FREE. I am from the US but we have DRI owners from across the globe. We share all kinds of information and regarding Diamond Resorts. Feel free to join us.