Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I have questions about the resale DRI (Diamond Resort) points I am buying. (by Charles S.):

If you buy resale points, you can only use them in the collection that they come from. For example, if you buy the resale points from someone who owns in the US Collection, then you can only use those points in the US Collection and no others. If are using points in the US Collection to make a reservation, DRI will use your resale points first, and then your Club points second. So yes, you can combine points only if you are reserving with the collection from which the resale points come.

Anything is negotiable. So you can try and see where it goes.

fredm145 wrote:
Assuming that what is posted is true, i.e., that Diamond will not add the points purchased elsewhere to the diamond account, then it raises a further question. Suppose I purchase 5000 points and Diamond puts them in an account apart from my other 25000, could they be combined for a booking? Could I use the 5000 plus 1500 of my club points to book a 6500 booking? Also is the 50% ruke fixed? Would I have to purchse 2500 points in the club to go with nthe 5000 resale points if I want the 5000 brought into the Club? Or would Diamond deal and make me buy , for example, only 1500