Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Maintenance Fee went to collections (by Lia S.):

I am in a similar situation with a Westgate timeshare. The mortgage is paid in full (has been for many years). We paid the maintenance fees for years, and then just stopped paying due to lack of use, and lack of desire to throw our money down a hole. We currently owe 3 years of maintenance fees, and have started getting letters from Aspen National Collections, which threaten foreclosure (but nothing is even showing up on our credit regarding this timeshare, not even from the collection agency). I feel like we’re getting close to something starting to happen, moving towards the beginnings of foreclosure. I’m currently working hard to polish up small issues in our credit report ahead of our plans to sell our house and buy a new one in the spring of 2019. Ken1193, I have to say I am encouraged by your statements that we really have nothing to fear in regard to just letting the foreclosure happen, since all we owe are maintenance fees. How can I know this is the case for sure? I have a lot riding on it, and reviews are mixed all over the internet. I don’t want to react out of fear and get suckered into paying them, just because I’m scared it will hurt our chances of getting a new mortgage in less than a year, but I also don’t want to see it actually get in our way of getting the mortgage.