Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: WALK AWAY FROM TIMESHARE (by Carrie S.):

chuckg21 wrote:
I know first hand that buying multiple timeshare weeks still happen, especially, even in the retail market with Marriott. Some people are going after the Marriott point program where there is significant purchasing power (5 to 1) for people who are savvy enough with their system. For instance, weeks purchased retail at the Newport Coast Villa's can trade their weeks for points every year. Whereas most Marriott Vacation Club resorts can be traded on an every other year basis. In 2004, I met a local resident who lived in the Palm Springs area and wanted a condo in Luguna or Newport Beach to escape the torrid heat of the summer. Rather than pay the $1.5 million for the condo, he purchased 12 weeks in the platinum season at Newport for a fraction of the cost. This is just an example why some people purchase multiple weeks.

Chuck

OMGoodness, Chuck, that's a WOW from the WOWFactory. I didn't know that. My husband handles all the details of how to make me happy, with an occassional e-mail-forwarded page from the Internet.

I think I'm going to look into this myself. What a deal. :plop:

C.