Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: How legitimate is Global Property Services for selling Diamond Resorts property? (by Rosita B.):

I was contacted by this same person Marty Herning yesterday, March 19th and today March 20, 2013 telling me the same thing...that he could sell my Diamond Resort timeshare and that I would also get credit for the maintenance fee I paid in 2012 and 2013. He told me the couple from Silver City, New Mexico already paid $4,275 (30% of the sale) and the money has been cleared at the bank. He sounded legitimate...he knew how much I paid on the property in 2005 under ILX for the Los Abrigados Property in Sedona...he also knew the maintenance fees I paid from 2006 to 2013. I told him from the beginning that I will never pay any upfront fees to anyone and that he has to deduct the $1,580 fees from the proceeds... from which $810 will be their commission and $35 for recording fee (I will send this money to him as soon as the cashier's check he's going to send me has been deposited and cleared). It looks like the $700+ he tried to collect is pretty standard...he told me I have to send him $735 personal check or cashier's check for the following...$114 for title fee, $270 Warranty Deed, $246 Assignment of Rent, $105 Reconveyance fee. I called the Better Business Bureau after I hang up the phone and found out the number Martin Herning gave me 800-571-1664 or the number he used when he called me from my caller ID 843-410-0592 were different from what is listed under Global Property Services in South Carolina. The address he gave me 4000 S. Faber Place, Charleston, SC 29405 was also different from the 1293 Professional Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC address listed for this company at Better Business Bureau. BBB informed me the 2 Global Property Services in Myrtle Beach, SC and Tilton Head, SC are not BBB accredited. When I googled this Global Property Services, they had 5 complaints and on the BBB complaint, there was a victim who did send $700 and never got their money back. I found out from BBB that Global Property Services principal was Michael Fowler and the company has 1 employee. I wonder if this Michael Fowler and Marty Herning are the same person or working together. How in the world could they get all the information? Is it public information to know the owners of the timeshare properties at Diamond Resort in Sedona? I was almost screaming at this Marty Herning when I hang up the phone telling him I will never pay any upfront money to sell our timeshare.

valeriac11 wrote:
I was contacted by a Marty Herning who said he could sell my Diamond Resort timeshare. He said I would get credit for the maintenance fee that I just paid plus any points I had left over from last year. He indicated that he would fax me the papers with all the info as he had stated and I should sign and return. He said he would do a title search and when everything was completed, I would receive the total check and would then send them the closing cost. I had planned to go through with it but after reading these postings, I am leary.