Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Aruba Surf Club - Lawsuit by Association against owners (by Jim M.):

How does *owners* securing a prime week and then in turn renting it cause a problem for other *owners* not being able to get a prime week? The net result would be the same if the owner secured it for their own personal use. The number of owners at a specific resort has not changed, has it? Are there now more owners at a specific resort than there is inventory?

What has changed is that Marriott has turned over all of their Marriott-owned units to the Destinations Club land trust. So, those units are no longer available unless you are a DC points holder. And, some owners convert their weeks to DC points, so those units are no longer available. Am I missing something?

The "commercial enterprise" clause in Marriott's contracts has always amused me. I don't know any timeshare owner that consider their rentals to be a commercial enterprise. And, certainly not a vastly profitable one. There are better ways to make money than to buy a timeshare and then try to rent it.

I predict that in the unlikely event such a lawsuit did go forward in Aruba and some owners that were clearly violating their agreement with the Association or Marriott were actually "evicted", every one of those weeks would end up in the Destinations program. They would not end up in a pool where resort owners could use.